2017/18 Fixture day

Our last 5 before the split are the stuff of nightmares!! 

Celtic (A)

St Johnstone (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Hearts (H)

Rangers (A)

Does anyone know why the Record had Hamilton's fixtures up online before 8:30am?? Someone's gonna get a bollocking for that one.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know why the Record had Hamilton's fixtures up online before 8:30am?? Someone's gonna get a bollocking for that one.

It won't be like anyone noticed because - as well documented by everyone on here - we have no fans [emoji12]

I would absolutely bite your hand off for 10th or even 11th place at this point.
I think we're destined for 12th this time though.

Rangers on the 1st day of the season at FP is a good start - a couple of early studs up tackles to welcome their no-mark furriners to the league would be ideal. Having Hearts and Hibs in Edinburgh over a 4 day period in January is good also (IMO) - but the last 3 games before the split being Rangers, Celtic and St Johnstone could be a bit of a nightmare....

I wish someone would speak to the fixture organisers about traditional dates to get the biggest crowds in over the festive period:

Should be a fixture on Boxing Day 3pm, one midweek on the Saturday 30th,  then a 3pm on 2nd January before taking winter break if we must. Crowds are always at their highest around this time so I've no idea why we've reduced the number of games last year and this.

23 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Our last 5 before the split are the stuff of nightmares!! 

Celtic (A)

St Johnstone (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Hearts (H)

Rangers (A)

Celtic and Aberdeen away could be tricky, the rest of those teams are all pish so you'll probably be fine imo. 

14 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I wish someone would speak to the fixture organisers about traditional dates to get the biggest crowds in over the festive period:

Should be a fixture on Boxing Day 3pm, one midweek on the Saturday 30th,  then a 3pm on 2nd January before taking winter break if we must. Crowds are always at their highest around this time so I've no idea why we've reduced the number of games last year and this.

This, it's very odd.

No games on Boxing Day - they're the next day and so in evening... no games at all on or by New Year's Day.

Instead the midweeks are October 25th (sensible); December 13th (why not November 29th?); January 24th AND January 31st; (no use made of February 7th); February 28th.

Incidentally that means that both midweeks for Scottish Cup R4 replays clash with Premiership games... It's almost as if they're going out of their way to cause problems if there are postponements / replays :unsure:.

If you include December 27th there are 4 midweek evening cards in December-January. If they'd used other available midweeks in November + February, and New Year's Day, there would only have needed to be 1 and they could have avoided Scottish Cup clash.

Thistle to hastily arrange a friendly with Rutherglen Glencairn for the second week of the season and leave the Jungle Jims clicking their heels for a week 8)

Our fixtures are reasonable, we seem to have avoided too many dreadful runs of games where we would most likely lose. I know that you have to play all teams anyway etc etc but having gaps of more winnable games between the historically tougher ones should stop us going on too many bad runs. The flip side is that it would be hard to build momentum and a winning run but being Kilmarnock a winning run isn't something we expect anyway.

Sevco with Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs all at home twice before the split.

If all these clubs make the top 6 it will be interesting to see if the SPFL make them play all 4 of these teams away. I doubt it.

I always look at the first 5 fixture to see if any team can start the season with a bit of momentum,Aberdeen have a good set of fixtures as do st johnstone and rangers
Out of the top six teams the jags have the most difficult start will be hard to pick up any momentum also Celtic have 3 top six teams in their first 4 fixtures with hearts much the same.

13 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

If all these clubs make the top 6 it will be interesting to see if the SPFL make them play all 4 of these teams away. I doubt it.

They wouldn't make any club play four post-split away games. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

They wouldn't make any club play four post-split away games. 

Apart from Gretna FC who they gave AAAA then H (to Hearts - the biggest possible away crowd) to get them over the liquidation line...

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

has anyone got a tougher run of games than we do In December?

Partick (A)

Celtic (H)

Rangers (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Ross county (H)

Hearts (A)

Kilmarnock (H)

I don't think I will make it to 2018 if we win most of these

3 tough games in a row. You can delete the rest.

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Apart from Gretna FC who they gave AAAA then H (to Hearts - the biggest possible away crowd) to get them over the liquidation line...

Fair enough, but that was pretty extreme circumstances. 

I'll chuck a bit of Latin in and say, ceteris paribus they wouldn't make any club play four post-split away games.

Archived