2017/18 Fixture day

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our fixtures are reasonable, we seem to have avoided too many dreadful runs of games where we would most likely lose. I know that you have to play all teams anyway etc etc but having gaps of more winnable games between the historically tougher ones should stop us going on too many bad runs. The flip side is that it would be hard to build momentum and a winning run but being Kilmarnock a winning run isn't something we expect anyway.

Sevco with Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs all at home twice before the split.

If all these clubs make the top 6 it will be interesting to see if the SPFL make them play all 4 of these teams away. I doubt it.

It's a conspiracy!

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

For me Easter Road Hibs is best away day of the season along with Tynecastle -so really pelased with our draw for 5th August - going to be a great atmosphere and Hibs fans great bunch - not to sure how much of an allocation we will get for Easter Road?

:lol:

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Not confident of making the top 6 again?

That's just money in the bank m9. No idea where we'll finish. I just hope its 10th or better.

If Aberdeen win their Europa League tie, then our opening game will be moved to a Sunday, yeah?

Yip

Ooft.

Bit of a (Glen) minter for our fans who've rushed to buy train tickets for the Saturday if the Dons win their Europa tie.

9 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Apart from Gretna FC who they gave AAAA then H (to Hearts - the biggest possible away crowd) to get them over the liquidation line...

What was the reason for the 4 away's and a final home game, though? I get that they were basically going bust, but that still doesn't seem to make sense.

They were losing money hand-over-fist every time they played a home game at Fir Park due to the rental and cost of staging the game (policing, stewards, etc.) before small crowds - pitch was also knackered which had forced them to play an SPL game at Livi and a Scottish Cup tie at QotS.

Not much said at the time, IIRC, but it was clearly to get them to the end. I can't recall another instance of club being scheduled 3 H or A games in a row, never mind 4 in a row - and I'm sure there has never been a case of someone getting 1/4 or 4/1 in the split, v 2/3 or 3/2.

Even if there'd been some special reason for giving them 1 H and 4 A games clearly you'd have given them the H game in the middle; not 4 A games in a row then H v Hearts to end.

Archived