2017/18 Fixture day

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Is it just me or are there a hellish amount of midweek games?

I count 6 before the split and presumably one after.

Also games on the 27th Dec rather than boxing day, surely they will be moved?

They'll be moved only if the teams in each fixture want them moved. If the SPFL had wanted Boxing Day by default, they'd have used it.

The midweek games are a result of the winter break and this being a tournament year - the league season finishes on the weekend of May 12/13.

For me Easter Road Hibs is best away day of the season along with Tynecastle -so really pelased with our draw for 5th August - going to be a great atmosphere and Hibs fans great bunch - not to sure how much of an allocation we will get for Easter Road?

For me Easter Road Hibs is best away day of the season along with Tynecastle -so really pelased with our draw for 5th August - going to be a great atmosphere and Hibs fans great bunch - not to sure how much of an allocation we will get for Easter Road?

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

They'll be moved only if the teams in each fixture want them moved. If the SPFL had wanted Boxing Day by default, they'd have used it.

Seems madness not to have a game on a bank holiday and on Wed night in Dec instead. Who thought that up?

AFC usually play Tue midweek anyway so fully expect our game to change to Boxing day anyway

Some of the complaints I've seen from people on Twitter are magnificent. One boy complaining that the Edinburgh derby being in the midweek isn't handy for long-distance fans, like we're the first thought in derby matches. :lol:

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

:wub: (And you'll have at least half the stand - about 2,000 tickets. If the demand isn't big from Hibs, then you might get the full stand to yourselves.)

Happy with that start. Huge set of games for us with Saints, Hibs, Rangers then Celtic.

With us away to Hearts on the 9th Sept and Hearts saying all scheduled home games before September will be played elsewhere, am I safe to say that The Famous get the honour of being first to play Hearts at the revamped Tynecastle?

has anyone got a tougher run of games than we do In December?

Partick (A)

Celtic (H)

Rangers (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Ross county (H)

Hearts (A)

Kilmarnock (H)

I don't think I will make it to 2018 if we win most of these

6 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Happy with that start. Huge set of games for us with Saints, Hibs, Rangers then Celtic.

With us away to Hearts on the 9th Sept and Hearts saying all scheduled home games before September will be played elsewhere, am I safe to say that The Famous get the honour of being first to play Hearts at the revamped Tynecastle?

Now you've done it. 

The Falkirk fans will descend shortly. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

Now you've done it. 

The Falkirk fans will descend shortly. 

Well, just one of them. Sadly he is the one we'd least likely want to appear

Great start to the season visiting a sell out Easter Road but we've not won at ER in a long time so a tough assignment to begin the season. 

I had a quick look ahead but I had to stop as I be like...

tumblr_m6wusg6ppI1rziwwco1_400.gif

Midweek games seem decent and it's a bonus we have one each against the Old Firm. I much prefer getting these affairs over and done with as soon as possible.

Its gonna be a case of one game at a time for Thistle, and hopefully we avoid a horrendous early run of league form for the third season in a row, although I won't hold my breath on that score.

Only one trip to Dundee but at least it's a Saturday.

I'd readily take 10th place if offered right now...

22 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

has anyone got a tougher run of games than we do In December?

Partick (A)

Celtic (H)

Rangers (H)

Aberdeen (A)

Ross county (H)

Hearts (A)

Kilmarnock (H)

I don't think I will make it to 2018 if we win most of these

Our first 8 games are a tougher run than that. 

Hibs (A)

Celtic (H)

Saints (A)

Aberdeen (H)

County (A)

Rangers (H)

Hearts (A)

Well (A)

5 out of 8 away, and the 3 best teams at home.

6 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Our first 8 games are a tougher run than that. 

Hibs (A)

Celtic (H)

Saints (A)

Aberdeen (H)

County (A)

Rangers (H)

Hearts (A)

Well (A)

5 out of 8 away, and the 3 best teams at home.

you have hibs away, not at home

18361575_1527620987288668_1707158828_n.jpg

Archived