The Celtic All Seasons thread

i don't think we can buy anyone that will improve us, but would sign McGinn to rotate with (and eventually replace) Brown - assuming  Ajer stays in defence
Would disagree with that. Fabian schar is a very good defender. Better than what we currently have anyway.

I would imagine many clubs would be after Schar if his relegation release clause turns out to be true.

Somebody mentioned about not being able to sign anyone to improve the team straight away. I cant remember the last player we signed somebody who did, Sinclair most likely. Due to an inflated market and  a team who perform above their wages/fees against higher end english teams this will forever remain the case. I like it though, seeing the likes of Rogic to take 2 years to make a proper impact and to what he is now gives me a fair bit of satisfaction.

Edited by gannonball

38 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Rumours going about that John Terry could be signing on a 1 year deal. Left Aston Villa, bit of experience for the qualifiers?

Where are you seeing this?  I haven't seen any rumours linking Terry to Celtic. 

Either way I hope it doesn't happen, don't need an over the hill defender for 1 year

Lazio are weighing up a move for Celtic’s Dedryck Boyata, according to reports in Italy.

The 27-year-old has established himself as one of the SPL’s best defenders since heading north of the border from Manchester City in 2015.

Boyata, currently on international duty with Belgium at the World Cup, has played 71 times in the league for Celtic and his form has not gone unnoticed across Europe.

His future has been the subject of much transfer speculation as he has so far refused to extend his current Celtic contract, which expires in a year.

And now Il Messaggero has reported that the Brussels-born centre-back has emerged as a top target for Lazio.

The Serie A club need a replacement for the outgoing Stefan de Vrij and have been heavily linked with Sassuolo man Francesco Acerbi.

However with those talks at a stand still, Lazio could be about to turn their attention to Boyata by making a bid.

Given Boyata’s current contract situation it has been suggested that Celtic could be willing to do business at around £7m, to avoid losing him for nothing in 12 months’ time.

Where are you seeing this?  I haven't seen any rumours linking Terry to Celtic. 
Either way I hope it doesn't happen, don't need an over the hill defender for 1 year

A good source mate, also two strikers have been tied up on long contracts.

Can’t personally see John Terry coming up here, but would add a bit of experience into that back line. Bit like what Kolo did a few year ago in the qualifiers.

Dembele & Griffithis have agreed new deals apparently..

Kenny Macintyre

Verified account

@bbckennymac
4m4 minutes ago
More
.@CelticFC & @SouthamptonFC have agreed terms for the transfer of Stuart Armstrong. The midfielder has been given permission to talk with Saints & is believed to be keen on the move.

On 6/19/2018 at 15:40, senorsoupe said:

A few Celtic related rumours flying around.

1. Southampton want Stuart Armstrong.  I hope they make an offer, hit could be a good move for them and Celtic

2. Celtic are interested in Fabian Schar.  He's got a 3.5 Mil release after Deportivo were relegated.  Would be an excellent signing IMHO

On 6/21/2018 at 07:40, Disco30 said:
On 6/19/2018 at 22:46, Booker-T said:
i don't think we can buy anyone that will improve us, but would sign McGinn to rotate with (and eventually replace) Brown - assuming  Ajer stays in defence

Would disagree with that. Fabian schar is a very good defender. Better than what we currently have anyway.

How many games did you watch him play in last season?

26 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So that will be Schar confirmed next week then lol

Also, the fee for Armstrong looks around 4 million as per the Record

Read on both Celtic and a southampton message board is the fee is £7m + addons.

Would be good business but will be aad to see him go, great player.

Time to go get John McGinn to take his place maybe?

Edited by DavieCFC

Just now, DavieCFC said:

Yup!  Also to give Ryan Christie a chance to impress in the more attacking role

Just now, DavieCFC said:

Yeah 7 mill according to the Beeb

1 minute ago, DavieCFC said:

Yeah I'm seeing other news outlets report the 7M figure,  the Record's live transfer blog had the 4M number

image.thumb.png.29afc13f2b54905a9f6d89803631b403.png

47 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Yeah 7 mill according to the Beeb

F  me. £ 7m for Armstrong.  A good player ( despite single-handedly blowing that lead against England ) but at that price Celtic will be pinching themselves. And you guys will now be able to hold out for £3-4mfor McGinn - who is undoubtedly a better player.