The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm hearing it's a total of 10 Million euros, but that includes add-ons etc... so I don't know how much the initial fee is

Wow if true..  haven't seen much of him to be honest but that's some cash to splash on someone who wasn't getting his game last year.. 

Edited by Bohemian

9 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Wow if true..  haven't seen much of him to be honest but that's some cash to splash on someone who wasn't getting his game last year.. 

He had a slow start but in the second half of the season he played very well, plus he's only 20 so Brendan obviously sees a lot of potential in him. 

18 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

He had a slow start but in the second half of the season he played very well, plus he's only 20 so Brendan obviously sees a lot of potential in him. 

If he can progress over the next few years at the rate he did in the second half of last season, then you will sell him and Dembele for more than the total worth of Snake Mountain.

17 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Must have some potential cause that's some money to spend in Scotland. It's not very Celtic like either in terms of spending. 

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm hearing it's a total of 10 Million euros, but that includes add-ons etc... so I don't know how much the initial fee is

You do have some top sources tbf....

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Must have some potential cause that's some money to spend in Scotland. It's not very Celtic like either in terms of spending. 

He's absolutely class, tbf. From what I've seen he looks a better, more complete, striker than Dembele, but I seem to be in the minority who think he's hugely overhyped. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's absolutely class, tbf. From what I've seen he looks a better, more complete, striker than Dembele, but I seem to be in the minority who think he's hugely overhyped. 

Fair enough but it seems an awful lot for a guy that's only played a handful of games.. Actually what are his stats with Celtic?  

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Fair enough but it seems an awful lot for a guy that's only played a handful of games.. Actually what are his stats with Celtic?  

11 in 39 according to Soccer base, only 13 starts though. 

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

11 in 39 according to Soccer base, only 13 starts though. 

11 in 29 with 13 starts.  Total minutes played according to soccerway was 1260 meaning he has scored 1 goal every 115 minutes of play which is pretty decent

By comparison Leigh Griffiths had 1 goal per 151 minutes, Moussa Dembele was 1 goal per 153 minutes and SPFL top scorer Kris Boyd had 1 goal per 137 minutes of competitive play

Edited by senorsoupe

1 hour ago, bennett said:

You do have some top sources tbf....

Well, I read multiple news sources, as a responsible person should when learning about a topic and the most reliable figure seemed to be 10 million euros.  

Not convinced  spunking 10 million and smashing our transfer record on a guy who wasn’t a regular all season and is probably being signed on the back of 1 or 2 good performances (vs Andy Halliday and Co) is that wise. Surely we could have got better with that outlay if we have a scouting system functioning? Wanyama, Van Dijk & Dembele cost less than half of this fee. Not convinced. 

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s clearly a very good Scottish premiership player but I’d need to be convinced he’s worth breaking the bank for.

Surely would suggest dembele is away for a significant fee this summer?

It's quite possible that Dembele will be off.  Keep in mind that with the hyperinflation going on in world football a 9,000,000 player is the same as a 5,000,000 player from a couple of years ago and instead of dropping a couple of million on another Teemu Pukki or Stefan Scepovic it's better to invest in a known quantity.  He works hard and has a lot of potential so I actually think this could end up being a very good financial deal for Celtic in the long run

Not convinced  spunking 10 million and smashing our transfer record on a guy who wasn’t a regular all season and is probably being signed on the back of 1 or 2 good performances (vs Andy Halliday and Co) is that wise. Surely we could have got better with that outlay if we have a scouting system functioning? Wanyama, Van Dijk & Dembele cost less than half of this fee. Not convinced. 

Think it’s more like £8m, therefore he cost the same as the total we paid for pukki, balde and boerrigter, and has done more in his few starts than those 3 did in there Celtic careers combined. Good signing imo.

I think now he's our player he will get a lot more game time....

probably a lot of that will be on the left, especially when Rogic is injured or rested as we then usually play 433

16 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Well, I read multiple news sources, as a responsible person should when learning about a topic and the most reliable figure seemed to be 10 million euros.  

A bit surprised that celtics PR department appear to be playing the transfer fee down.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

A bit surprised that celtics PR department appear to be playing the transfer fee down.

Maybe they should of got Sevcos PR department (jabba) to announce it, he could of made it 20 million. 

Edited by Bohemian