The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Why do Scottish football fans fly another countries flag? 

Did you not see how amazing Magees flag was and the amount of kudos that it brought him....

Grown men getting wound up by flegs at football matches is always a good laugh.

If Celtic fans want to wave the Irish tricolour, that is their right; if Rangers fans want to wave the Union Flag, that is also their right. Personally, I only identify as Scottish, but I'm totally relaxed about others being able to express their identities as freely as possible, even if I don't share in them. I'd hope the majority of reasonable people in Scotland would be, too. 

22 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Why do Scottish football fans fly another countries flag? 

23 hours ago, tree house tam said:

You're club is a disgrace. Irish flags, IRA songs and all the sectarian shite is an engrained stain on Scottish football. The sooner you f**k off to a Euro league the better. 

22 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It makes no sense to me for Scottish people to do it. I'll  be honest, the folk I know who went to Catholic schools all grew up Celtic fans, folk who went to chapel but regular schools all became Celtic fans even when they had very little interest in football. About 80% of these folk claimed Irish ancestry, which in most cases was utter bollocks. It's like a big scam or even a cult. You could say the same about the Religion, let's indoctrinate these fuckers while their minds are developing and we can scam the fuckers for the rest of their life. You've been had Willy*.

As opposed to actually had Willy. 

FB_IMG_1507391070216.jpg

Grown men getting wound up by flegs at football matches is always a good laugh.
If Celtic fans want to wave the Irish tricolour, that is their right; if Rangers fans want to wave the Union Flag, that is also their right. Personally, I only identify as Scottish, but I'm totally relaxed about others being able to express their identities as freely as possible, even if I don't share in them. I'd hope the majority of reasonable people in Scotland would be, too. 

Absolutely. In saying that I get a quite seethy at the Israel flags at Ibrox. c***s

If reports are true, and Celtic are seriously considering a move for McGinn, bearing in mind i'm an admirer of his work, he'll really need to step his game up a considerable level. I've watched him with interest and he's a tendency to hide on occasions and shine in others. He won't be allowed that complacency at Celtic.

43 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

If reports are true, and Celtic are seriously considering a move for McGinn, bearing in mind i'm an admirer of his work, he'll really need to step his game up a considerable level. I've watched him with interest and he's a tendency to hide on occasions and shine in others. He won't be allowed that complacency at Celtic.

I really like McGinn, but we already have so many players battling out for the 3 midfield spots. In my opinion here is what the pecking order looks like in the centre of the midfield based on ability and recent playing time.

1. Brown

2. Ntcham

3. McGregor

4. Rogic

5. Armstrong

6. Kouassi

7. Bitton

8. Christie

9. Allan

On current ability I would say McGinn probably would slot in behind Armstrong which would leave him as the 6th ranked midfielder battling for 3 positions.  Would it really be worth it to spend the money on a depth player? 

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I really like McGinn, but we already have so many players battling out for the 3 midfield spots. In my opinion here is what the pecking order looks like in the centre of the midfield based on ability and recent playing time.

1. Brown

2. Ntcham

3. McGregor

4. Rogic

5. Armstrong

6. Kouassi

7. Bitton

8. Christie

9. Allan

On current ability I would say McGinn probably would slot in behind Armstrong which would leave him as the 6th ranked midfielder battling for 3 positions.  Would it really be worth it to spend the money on a depth player? 

I agree that as it stands he would most likely be 6th but Im guessing Armstrongs away if were going for McGinn. I have no issue paying decent money for him as Ive mentioned possibly on this thread before it took Brown a couple of seasons to adapt to the extra pressure and games so might as well get him in now . Also Browns legs wont last forever and the rest above Mcginn could all want to leave in 2 years. Getting him in now will lessen any disruption.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Both valid points. I wouldn't entertain anything over 3mil.

3 Mil plus Scott Allan would be a fair deal for both parties IMHO.  I'm not super enthused about buying players that aren't better than someone currently in that position but 3 Mil could be a good investment for a player that potentially has another decade in him. 

3 Mil plus Scott Allan would be a fair deal for both parties IMHO.  I'm not super enthused about buying players that aren't better than someone currently in that position but 3 Mil could be a good investment for a player that potentially has another decade in him. 

Sounds about right. There is potential, just feel he'd be massively out of his depth especially in Europe. His next move will have a huge impact on his development.

3 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

His next move will have a huge impact on his development.

This is exactly why he shouldn't be going to Celtic. He isn't quite good enough yet to go straight in the first 11 and stay there. Ideally Celtic would buy him and loan him out to a fringe* European side like say, Rosenborg.

*I know Celtic are basically that but Brownie, as Brendan likes a to call him, has 2 years max left at this level.

This is exactly why he shouldn't be going to Celtic. He isn't quite good enough yet to go straight in the first 11 and stay there. Ideally Celtic would buy him and loan him out to a fringe* European side like say, Rosenborg.

*I know Celtic are basically that but Brownie, as Brendan likes a to call him, has 2 years max left at this level.

I agree McGinn isn't quite there yet, also I'd be overjoyed with another two years from our skipper, and we play him till the wheels fall off.
However, it's rather short sighted of Celtic not to look ahead.

So away from Hibs, where do you see McGinn flourishing, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sunderland?

12 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I agree McGinn isn't quite there yet, also I'd be overjoyed with another two years from our skipper, and we play him till the wheels fall off.
However, it's rather short sighted of Celtic not to look ahead.

So away from Hibs, where do you see McGinn flourishing, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sunderland?

He should follow the Andy Robertson route of going to a lower EPL side, and playing regularly at that level instead of dotting in and out Celtic's squad, and then try and win a move to one of the big six in that league. 

Takes longer to get to the money, but he'll be better off for it. Joining Celtic and have six top level games every season isnt going to bring him on any huge amount. 

He should follow the Andy Robertson route of going to a lower EPL side, and playing regularly at that level instead of dotting in and out Celtic's squad, and then try and win a move to one of the big six in that league. 

Takes longer to get to the money, but he'll be better off for it. Joining Celtic and have six top level games every season isnt going to bring him on any huge amount. 

But apart from Celtic, only the aforementioned three clubs are interested in his talents.