The Celtic All Seasons thread

Apparently we have signed 17 year old aussie winger Leo Mazi, sounds like a fake name on Pro Evolution soccer for Messi. 

Benyu away to Oldham on loan, folk also after Kouassi and Henderson. We are pretty over run with central midfielders so at least one should go.

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Apparently we have signed 17 year old aussie winger Leo Mazi, sounds like a fake name on Pro Evolution soccer for Messi. 

Benyu away to Oldham on loan, folk also after Kouassi and Henderson. We are pretty over run with central midfielders so at least one should go.

Henderson being linked with ostersunds in Sweden game against arsenal to come in the Europa.  

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Henderson being linked with ostersunds in Sweden game against arsenal to come in the Europa.  

Would be a good enough  experience to send him there. For  a 21 year old though  he's already played abroad, got a league medal, instumental in winning a scottish cup. Hes out of contract in the summer now but I cant see him signing a new deal after having A taste of all that and still not playing regularly.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I tried to put Leo Mazi into google and it kept saying "do you mean Leo Messi?"  

Benyu: Meh, didn't really have enough time in his few first team appearances to evaluate his level.

As for Henderson, I am sure there are a lot of Hibs fans that want him back and I think that Hibs (top half Premiership) is probably about his level.  

As for Kouassi, he needs a loan deal but I really don't know where he should go.  He's shown flashes of brilliance but needs game time and I'm thinking maybe English Championship may be a good level for him.  

Other rumours, looks as though the Lewis Morgan deal is about to get over the line, good long term signing

Also looks as though Plymouth are desperate to ditch Ciftci but there is no clause in the loan deal to terminate it early.  Celtic may agree to cut it short IF we can organize a permanent deal to get rid of him but I can't think of any football team would want to take him permanently given the wages he is (presumably) on.  

33 minutes ago, JoeOB said:

What are we thinking about Lewis Morgan then? I like him. I think he has a right good chance especially with Rodgers guidance.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/lowdown-lewis-morgan-st-mirren-11800742

I wasn’t  particularly excited  by Christie or Allan but some reason I am more hopeful over this one. I kind of hope the Saints do go up as well as if he’s not getting games with us after he comes in the summer he can go back for a bit and get some premiership experience. I belive hes scored 13 goals already this season, pretty impressive for a young winger. 

I wasn’t  particularly excited  by Christie or Allan but some reason I am more hopeful over this one. I kind of hope the Saints do go up as well as if he’s not getting games with us after he comes in the summer he can go back for a bit and get some premiership experience. I belive hes scored 13 goals already this season, pretty impressive for a young winger. 
Worth noting there's only about six months between Morgan and Christie in terms of age. Morgan turns 22 this year, he's the same age as Dembele and Henderson and is older than Ntcham and Roberts.

For all this talk about Morgan being a "huge prospect", he's relatively old to be making his breakthrough, and I remain unconvinced the hype is deserved.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting there's only about six months between Morgan and Christie in terms of age. Morgan turns 22 this year, he's the same age as Dembele and Henderson and is older than Ntcham and Roberts.

For all this talk about Morgan being a "huge prospect", he's relatively old to be making his breakthrough, and I remain unconvinced the hype is deserved.

Yeah I know hes not the youngest but Im more convinced mainly that he will make more of an impact due to his position more than anything else. When we signed Allan and Christie we already had Rogic and Commons vying for that one playmaker role. I certainly didnt see any sense in Allan as he was a renowned sh*tebag and cant really play anywhere else.  Christie seems to have a better attitude and is also more versatile so can still make it yet. Morgan has been very impressive in the 2 games I have seen him play, seems to have a knack of scoring in important games too.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He has been in the Saints first team regularly for the last 3 seasons and will have made over 100 appearances once he leaves in the summer. That is close  with what Ryan Christie has clocked up since playing from his Inverness days. It's unfair to put an age on a player to how he develops, sometimes playing at a lower level  fail to get the recognition they deserve, though Morgan has stood out the last couple of seasons and now has his chance. Dembele, Ntcham and Roberts have all had schooling from Premiership and championship clubs, so not worth a comparison.

I genuinely believe the lad will make it whether it's with Celtic or an English Premier team in the future. 

Looks as though the Morgan deal is done, a 4 1/2 year deal with a loan back until the end of the season.  It's a long contract so the only potential worry is that if it doesn't work out we will be stuck with a player for 4 years that nobody wants a la Scott Allan or Nadir Ciftci.

Either way I'm optimistic about this one, he seems to have a lot of talent and a good head on his shoulders and the deal was done for the right reasons.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/13784

Edited by senorsoupe

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Looks as though the Morgan deal is done, a 4 1/2 year deal with a loan back until the end of the season.  It's a long contract so the only potential worry is that if it doesn't work out we will be stuck with a player for 4 years that nobody wants a la Scott Allan or Nadir Ciftci.

Either way I'm optimistic about this one, he seems to have a lot of talent and a good head on his shoulders and the deal was done for the right reasons.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/13784

I think its less of a risk Due to his attitude and professionalism. Ciftci and Allan always had questions over these attributes. If it doesnt work out for Morgan we will most likely make a profit. 

It's a low risk investment from Celtic. Would be a shame if he just rots away there but I think he has the correct attitude and ability to go far in the game,even if its not at Celtic. 

If we were to get promoted you'd maybe even see him back at Paisley next season, in terms of his development I think going to somewhere like Easter Road for a season would benefit him greatly.

He was motm in his first 2 Scotland Under 21 games, one being against the Netherlands who are no mugs at that level, and he was easily Scotland's best player against England where he tore Kyle Walker-Peters apart, who was getting a game for Spurs at that point. 

He is a different breed in this country, not many players like him that I can think of. He has had to deal with being marked by 2/3/4 players at some points this season, and has been kicked off the pitch a few times and has always got up and dusted himself off. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He only turned 21  three months ago. I assume you haven't watched him at U21 level where he has started in 5 games (the only Championship player to start in those games) and was MoM in most of them? In the game against the Netherlands in Paisley he made the £15M Oliver Burke look like he couldn't lace Morgan's boots. A truly exceptional two-footed talent who will be a huge success. Celtic are getting a bargain.

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It's a low risk investment from Celtic. Would be a shame if he just rots away there but I think he has the correct attitude and ability to go far in the game,even if its not at Celtic. 

If we were to get promoted you'd maybe even see him back at Paisley next season, in terms of his development I think going to somewhere like Easter Road for a season would benefit him greatly.

He was motm in his first 2 Scotland Under 21 games, one being against the Netherlands who are no mugs at that level, and he was easily Scotland's best player against England where he tore Kyle Walker-Peters apart, who was getting a game for Spurs at that point. 

He is a different breed in this country, not many players like him that I can think of. He has had to deal with being marked by 2/3/4 players at some points this season, and has been kicked off the pitch a few times and has always got up and dusted himself off. 

Looking at our squad as of now there is a good chance he will get the opportunity to fight for a first team place next season.  Patrick Roberts will no longer be with the club and Jonny Hayes has been a bit of a bust so unless we sign more wingers there is the distinct possibility that Morgan could be third choice winger.  Rodgers appreciates good attitudes and hard work so if he displays those in pre-season he will get his chance to impress in competitive games.