The Celtic All Seasons thread

38 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

The 4K Ultra probably helped you see stuff you wouldn't normally notice? I was nervous about Biton cos he isn't a CB and got caught out against Thistle. Concern was that a good team could exploit that but Fortunately Astana weren't that team. I don't think he'll ever be captain and thought he might move on this season although I don't mind him. I've never been too excited by holding players tbh.

One bad tackle in the penalty box that could have been a penalty on another day and all of a sudden he is a bomb scare. I'd rather have Bitton at CB than Effing Ambrose any day of the week, month or year. His positioning and tackling ability make him an indispensable squad player now that he has shown he can play at CB as well as a holding midfielder and will be ideal on the subs bench if he isn't in the starting eleven.

I have become a fan of Bitton recently as Brendan appears to have moulded him into a far better player over the past year but he clearly needs to work on his passing ability more especially if he is going to become a makeshift CB. Wednesday's game he was all over the back-line reading the game extremely well.

I don't know if I was seeing things on Wednesday? has Brendan adopted an adaptive formation? A flat back four when not in possession of the ball and a back three when in possession especially when Tierney goes on one of his darting runs up the wings. When Tierney bombed up the park I noticed Bitton moving out to the left covering the left hand side in a covering role. It was the same on the right hand side as well when Lustig went on one of his attacking runs then Joso moved out to the right hand side covering Lustig in attack. If he has then well fucking done as it appears to be working well.

24 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

Haven't heard anyone say that tbh.

I have had a few Celtic fans around where I live slate Bitton as a fucking bomb scare at the back after that tackle against Partick and they were worried about him playing CB against Astana giving away many free kicks around the box and even worried he'd give away a penalty and get sent off. Also a few of us Celtic fans on here also worried he'd be shite against Astana, including me but he has proven me wrong after seeing him play at CB and has shown promise.

Rumours swirling that Ciftci could be off to Plymouth

And he's away according to SSN. Had he kept himself fit he could have played a couple of games this season with lack of strikers so only himself to blame really. Another fringe player off the books for now.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Broony is 32 now so can see him being fazed out by Brendan rodgers this season 10 years at Celtic 13 trophies and counting testimonial season  

It's possible, so far he's not been one of Celtic's 3 best central midfielders so I wonder if we will see his appearance load decline in the next few months, especially if Armstrong returns to form.  

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

It's possible, so far he's not been one of Celtic's 3 best central midfielders so I wonder if we will see his appearance load decline in the next few months, especially if Armstrong returns to form.  

His contract ends next year he may get a extension for an extra year with a coaching role in the future

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

His contract ends next year he may get a extension for an extra year with a coaching role in the future

We will see how he feels when his contract winds down, he may still want to play as opposed to going straight into coaching.  If that's the case I could see him going back to Hibs for a season or two before joining the backroom staff at Celtic.

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Broony is 32 now so can see him being fazed out by Brendan rodgers this season 10 years at Celtic 13 trophies and counting testimonial season  

As mentioned in european thread I wouldnt be playing him two games a week. Bitton can fill his postion when hes not playing. 

29 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As mentioned in european thread I wouldnt be playing him two games a week. Bitton can fill his postion when hes not playing. 

I also mentioned this on this thread in page 10 but got a frosty response biton is underrated by the Celtic support now we know what ntcham can do brown can play less games.

37 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I also mentioned this on this thread in page 10 but got a frosty response biton is underrated by the Celtic support now we know what ntcham can do brown can play less games.

Biton has his faults but is still a handy player, especially for Europe. Its evident that him and Brown cant play in the same midfield as it slows down the attack but both on their own are fine.