The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I'm guessing you already know the answer 

Someone said that to me last night in the pub. I assumed they were exaggerating. 

Guessing by your answer it is. Why are the club not dealing with this ?

This should be a great time to be a Celtic fan as your team are doing really, really well domestically however your fans are now so deeply into the bigotry shite that the on the pitch stuff does not seem to matter to you anymore.

Tbf to Celtic, UEFA are strict as f**k to diddy clubs. We got a fine for a Palestinian flag being flown for all of two minutes of a game years back. Apparently "political statements that have nothing to do with football" results in a fine, unless it's Real Madrid singing songs about being the "Royal club who rule Spain", or Barcelona fans singing about independence..

St. Johnstone fans waving the Palestinian flag?
  DiKyG2n.png

I think it genuinely was a woman with connections to Palestine, she had it our during half time.

We got an 18,000 euros fine from UEFA, the next week Ajax flew an Israeli flag the size of a stand before the match and never even got a warning.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Someone said that to me last night in the pub. I assumed they were exaggerating. 

Guessing by your answer it is. Why are the club not dealing with this ?

This should be a great time to be a Celtic fan as your team are doing really, really well domestically however your fans are now so deeply into the bigotry shite that the on the pitch stuff does not seem to matter to you anymore.

No offence meant but 12 is a very precise number I just assumed you'd googled it 

i agree that Celtic are too slow to condemn the GB's behaviour , if that type of behaviour had happened at my club I'd hope that our board would ban the perpetrators for ever . But my club doesn't have the religious ties that the OF boards have to navigate there way around. The clubs want the " ultra " type fans as they bring enthusiasm and colour to the game but they don't know how to police these groups , or are reluctant to do so.

I think it genuinely was a woman with connections to Palestine, she had it our during half time.

We got an 18,000 euros fine from UEFA, the next week Ajax flew an Israeli flag the size of a stand before the match and never even got a warning.

That's because the Palestinian flag is seen as a political flag but the israeli flag is not by Uefa, which is a totally political stance and absolute hypocrisy.

31 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

No offence meant but 12 is a very precise number I just assumed you'd googled it 

i agree that Celtic are too slow to condemn the GB's behaviour , if that type of behaviour had happened at my club I'd hope that our board would ban the perpetrators for ever . But my club doesn't have the religious ties that the OF boards have to navigate there way around. The clubs want the " ultra " type fans as they bring enthusiasm and colour to the game but they don't know how to police these groups , or are reluctant to do so.

No offence taken. 

You've nailed it. The Celtic board choose to navigate their way around it.

They are scared to deal with it as they would piss off a high % of their support so instead they do nothing.

It's not possible to change these people's warped way of thinking. It's been like that for generations passed from father to son and will not change ever.

No offence taken. 
You've nailed it. The Celtic board choose to navigate their way around it.
They are scared to deal with it as they would piss off a high % of their support so instead they do nothing.
It's not possible to change these people's warped way of thinking. It's been like that for generations passed from father to son and will not change ever.

I think a lot of people are being a bit harsh on the Celtic board here. They have come out and banned the GB for 2 matches, one of which is a massively important CL qualifier. They wont just ban them for life because they have massively improved the atmosphere at Celtic Park over the last few years and we need the noise and colour. It may well need to come to that but I suspect they are hoping a two game ban will be enough. It won't be enough though.

I like what the GB bring in terms of atmosphere to the stadium but I really despise the bigoted nonsense. I end up feeling like the GBs entire existence is to use Celtic as a platform to express their bigoted agenda.

Why can't someone start an actual supporters group that can sit there and create the same atmosphere but without the nonsense?!

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Henke's gonna go mental when he gets back.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I assume he is already on the case, Jihad maybe imminent

Maybe he'll follow up on my recent actions and throw a Jihad jobby at the UEFA offices in protest at his religious rights to shout and verbally abuse innocent folk at the game being infringed.

Reading the GB statement, it seems everyone is to blame but they themselves.  :rolleyes:

They're the best and the worst thing that's happened to the stadium in recent yrs but the time has come for them to cut the crap and toe the line, I don't think many would blame the club if they kicked their arses into touch for good. They'd soon fill the standing section with decent young fans who would support the team without the baggage.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

They're the best and the worst thing that's happened to the stadium in recent yrs but the time has come for them to cut the crap and toe the line, I don't think many would blame the club if they kicked their arses into touch for good. They'd soon fill the standing section with decent young fans who would support the team without the baggage.

That's my issue with them.  When they started up, I was in favour of them as they brought Celtic Park to life with some fantastic displays but time and time again they over step the mark.  If the GB ditched all the political shite, they could turn themselves into a positive experience at Parkhead but I don't see this happening.  They seem hell bent on dragging the club through the mud.

12 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

That's my issue with them.  When they started up, I was in favour of them as they brought Celtic Park to life with some fantastic displays but time and time again they over step the mark.  If the GB ditched all the political shite, they could turn themselves into a positive experience at Parkhead but I don't see this happening.  They seem hell bent on dragging the club through the mud.

It's the political stuff that annoys me.  Maybe I am naive as someone who started cheering for Celtic for purely footballing reasons (mainly Henrik Larsson) but a football stadium isn't really the forum for political debates IMHO.  I love the colour that the GB bring but the political stuff only gets Celtic in trouble when the rules are 100% clear.  And now they have had a meltdown after the club tried to curb their political stuff.