The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 12/05/2018 at 23:18, Besty said:

I also think most keepers in Scotland could have performed as well as him in the games since he's had very  little to do 

Have to disagree with that. Theres plenty examples of goalkeepers who looked outstanding at lower end of the table when they are peppered with shots every game but when they go to a team with more possession they get rusty and their concentraion lapses.

I have yet to be fully convinced by Bain and would question a four year deal as he could in theory put his feet up like many back ups have done before him but Rodgers must have been particularly impressed with his attitude to dish out such a deal, I just hope he doesnt throw it in his face.

Anyway thats Musonda been recalled early. Im quite disappointed as had really high hopes for him even before he came on against Zenit. But I seen the Belgium u21 coach has been having a go at him recently so it must been down to attitude, although he did thank Celtic and Rodgers now hes left.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Anyway thats Musonda been recalled early. Im quite disappointed as had really high hopes for him even before he came on against Zenit. But I seen the Belgium u21 coach has been having a go at him recently so it must been down to attitude, although he did thank Celtic and Rodgers now hes left.

Maybe he didn't like the treatment of Shay Logan :whistle

Brendan Rodgers has shown in the past (and stated publicly) that he rewards players who work hard.  It's a reason why Dedryck Boyata is a first team regular, the guy works his arse off in training and in the gym.  We obviously aren't familiar with what has gone on in training but by the sounds of it Musonda could be lazy

Have to disagree with that. Theres plenty examples of goalkeepers who looked outstanding at lower end of the table when they are peppered with shots every game but when they go to a team with more possession they get rusty and their concentraion lapses.

I have yet to be fully convinced by Bain and would question a four year deal as he could in theory put his feet up like many back ups have done before him but Rodgers must have been particularly impressed with his attitude to dish out such a deal, I just hope he doesnt throw it in his face.

Likewise, I was hoping for some big things from Musonda.  I'd heard Chelsea were not happy with his lack of game time, not sure if that has played a part in it or if something else went on behind the scene.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe he didn't like the treatment of Shay Logan :whistle

Oh, you rascal.

18 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

New contract Klaxon!!

Tom Rogic has signed a 5 year contract, he's now contracted to Celtic until 2023.

Absolutely delighted by this deal, he's been excellent for us

Fantastic news.

On 17/05/2018 at 12:06, gannonball said:

What more can I say 

1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Sam wardrop signing for us, what like?? Cheers

You may be better off asking Dumbarton fans as he spent some significant time on loan there.  He played really well in last years youth cup final if that's anything to go by. 

On 17/05/2018 at 12:06, gannonball said:

Bain at his best

Edited by Besty