The Celtic All Seasons thread

The Stuart Armstrong saga rumbles on.  I have seen conflicting reports about him today, one saying that he will sign a new deal by the end of the week and another saying Swansea are about to offer 6 million for him.  Either way there needs to be a resolution before the end of the transfer window, Armstrong needs to shit or get off the pot in regards to a new deal.  

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

The Stuart Armstrong saga rumbles on.  I have seen conflicting reports about him today, one saying that he will sign a new deal by the end of the week and another saying Swansea are about to offer 6 million for him.  Either way there needs to be a resolution before the end of the transfer window, Armstrong needs to shit or get off the pot in regards to a new deal.  

I think if we was signing he would have done it at the very latest before the start of the season. If Swansea offer 6 take it and run. I think hes just going to run it down though for a massive signing on fee.

I would like him to stay but centre mid is the only position you could say we are Covered in so no need to worry about rushing out to buy anybody.

Edited by gannonball

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think if we was signing he would have done it at the very latest before the start of the season. If Swansea offer 6 take it and run. I think hes just going to run it down though for a massive signing on fee.

I would like him to stay but centre mid is the only position you could say we are Covered in so no need to worry about rushing out to buy anybody.

There must be a sticking point on his wage demands, if the reports are to be believed (they are from the Record and the s*n so I have my doubts) then maybe Celtic caved to his wage demands.  We shall see what happens but this will he/won't he stuff is getting tiring

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Swansea now with money to burn quickly on back of selling Sigurdsson. Would be interested in what he's on and what he's asking for.

Swansea now with money to burn quickly on back of selling Sigurdsson. Would be interested in what he's on and what he's asking for.

Our top wage right how is probably about 25 grand. Even if we went to 30 he could easily get 50 down south. Cant really blame him to be honest. Only way I can see him signing is with a release clause and a hefty cut of the fee for him.

48 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I fully expect Celtic to be linked to Snodgrass - it always happens.

I personally think he will go to Swansea as a replacement for Sigurdsson 

Snodgrass is like Steven Fletcher, anytime there is discussion of him moving Celtic is linked.  His wage demands would probably be pretty high, so we would be better putting that wage money into the Patrick Roberts transfer fee fund

11 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Alison McConnell‏ @alibali76 6m6 minutes ago
More
EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Roberts will be back at Celtic this season. One year loan. More to follow.

f4ef9f081c1a5aef22aaafd415750b65.jpg

Good that Paddy will be in hoops again this year but would love it to be a permanent deal instead of a loan.  Unfortunately with the madness that is English football these days a team like Man City could probably get 20 mil from a team like Bournemouth or Watford if they wanted to. 

I hope after his second loan spell at the Hoops Roberts he sees out his contract at Man City and signs on a free to Celtic. :) Not having to buy him should be enough to give him a decent wage demand from the club, he does love playing for the Hoops and it shows.

So that's imo the midfield well shored up with Paddy returning but the defence still gives me the shits at times and Craig Gordon's distribution is fucking woeful to say the least and causes all sorts of problems by gifting the fucking ball to the opposition in Celtic's defensive half. Gordon needs to be kicked up the fucking arse to show him to just punt the fucking ball up into the opponents half and let the striker and midfield fight for it in the oppositions half instead of placing the defence into panic mode having to clean up Gordon's stupidity.

Having watched the Astana game in 4k Ultra last night and I did keep a close eye on Bitton during the game when I was there I can't understand why folk are giving Bitton a hard time playing at CB? Off the ball out of view from the cameras Bitton positional sense was spot on and his tackling as a CB was up there with any other defender we have fielded this season so far. The sticking point where I feel for Bitton is that he kept waiting for a midfielder to come closer to him to collect the ball from him, but no one ever did come for it and he then had to try and pass it to a player and that is where he basically made all his errors during the game. He is a midfielder by nature and is being groomed imo to be Broony's future replacement and possibly the squad captain as f**k all phases him at times except a counter attack with him far up the pitch., this is only my opinion and him being used as a CB can only help him be more like Brown and ideal for when Broony gets banned or injured.

I think Brendan has done an amazing job since taking over with the player acquisition he has brought in and is a million miles away from Mad Ronnies squad and looks like a team that is being built to dominate the domestic game and possibly even a bigger impact in Europe than our usual show up and get fucked by clubs I've never heard off basically.

50 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Having watched the Astana game in 4k Ultra last night and I did keep a close eye on Bitton during the game when I was there I can't understand why folk are giving Bitton a hard time playing at CB? Off the ball out of view from the cameras Bitton positional sense was spot on and his tackling as a CB was up there with any other defender we have fielded this season so far. The sticking point where I feel for Bitton is that he kept waiting for a midfielder to come closer to him to collect the ball from him, but no one ever did come for it and he then had to try and pass it to a player and that is where he basically made all his errors during the game. He is a midfielder by nature and is being groomed imo to be Broony's future replacement and possibly the squad captain as f**k all phases him at times except a counter attack with him far up the pitch., this is only my opinion and him being used as a CB can only help him be more like Brown and ideal for when Broony gets banned or injured.

The 4K Ultra probably helped you see stuff you wouldn't normally notice? I was nervous about Biton cos he isn't a CB and got caught out against Thistle. Concern was that a good team could exploit that but Fortunately Astana weren't that team. I don't think he'll ever be captain and thought he might move on this season although I don't mind him. I've never been too excited by holding players tbh.