Renfrew FC

As a now extremely concerned uncle of a nephew who plays for Renfrew FC's Youth section I cannot believe the stories coming from the incumbent keyholders. My sister had been informed on Tuesday evening that despite being told the training season ended with the ground being closed for the summer on Friday 23rd June that as of 5pm on Tuesday ALL pitch was now ceased without any explanation given. Parents have paid their fees, child care put in place where necessary and hundreds of disappointed local Renfrew children now not being able to finish their season as expected.  

I know there is a dispute amongst several members at the moment which is most unfortunate but why disappoint innocent children learning the game and enjoying their friendships.

Yet for some reason the ladies team who have done so well and have a game advertised on their Facebook page and twitter account are apparently playing at the ground on Sunday DESPITE IT BEING OFFICIALLY CLOSED. 

Alas, I now have been sent a photo of activity at NWP of a team training - the ladies had a let for tonight.... - and again despite it being OFFICIALLY CLOSED.  

The 2004 team now have been granted permission to play at the weekend after parental enquirers to the Club President and it is yet to be seen when or if the ladies team game against Rangers is played / cancelled. Why are some being told one story yet others being given preferential treatment. I know for a fact that parents are and will be asking for a refund on fees already paid.  

This is a shambles. 

Please tell the truth - someone from Renfrew FC answer the questions  

IMG_4539.JPG

That's not the issue.  It's the lies and deceit that's been given out. Over 100 children have been let down and denied access to their club and to develop their skills and play football in the community with their friends. 

As for the £3.50 then multiply that by 100 and it comes to £350 that's been taken from the youth section without explanation. 

Its about principles and transparency. 

Fella, the way I see it, you've got it the wrong way round. The club have PROVIDED the weans with the chance to develop skills and play football in a safe environment with their pals. Well done, Renfrew FC
The fact that they stopped your nephew's training three days early isn't worth getting hot under the collar about.
I'm guessing most will see it that way, regardless of how much emotive language you throw about.

Its a shocking state, for a club that was on its knees to become a flag waver as such............. amazing things were done and now it seems to have been spoiled? I seriously hope bridges can be mended and the club gets back to growing as they were only a short few weeks ago.

Personally.... Committees give me the fear, for every ten guys who are in it for the love and passion of doing something there is always one ego maniac only in it for their own self gains, I am not saying that's the issue at Renfrew... I am saying that in my experience thats what happens across the board!

Also picking up on JB's point, its not about the cash its about the availability...

21 hours ago, Concerned Kirklandneuk said:

As a now extremely concerned uncle of a nephew who plays for Renfrew FC's Youth section I cannot believe the stories coming from the incumbent keyholders. My sister had been informed on Tuesday evening that despite being told the training season ended with the ground being closed for the summer on Friday 23rd June that as of 5pm on Tuesday ALL pitch was now ceased without any explanation given. Parents have paid their fees, child care put in place where necessary and hundreds of disappointed local Renfrew children now not being able to finish their season as expected.  

I know there is a dispute amongst several members at the moment which is most unfortunate but why disappoint innocent children learning the game and enjoying their friendships.

Yet for some reason the ladies team who have done so well and have a game advertised on their Facebook page and twitter account are apparently playing at the ground on Sunday DESPITE IT BEING OFFICIALLY CLOSED. 

Alas, I now have been sent a photo of activity at NWP of a team training - the ladies had a let for tonight.... - and again despite it being OFFICIALLY CLOSED.  

The 2004 team now have been granted permission to play at the weekend after parental enquirers to the Club President and it is yet to be seen when or if the ladies team game against Rangers is played / cancelled. Why are some being told one story yet others being given preferential treatment. I know for a fact that parents are and will be asking for a refund on fees already paid.  

This is a shambles. 

Please tell the truth - someone from Renfrew FC answer the questions  

IMG_4539.JPG

Nice wee fotie. Away and grow a pair now.  What is the real issue here ? Lots of decent people at Renfrew.

3 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Its a shocking state, for a club that was on its knees to become a flag waver as such............. amazing things were done and now it seems to have been spoiled? I seriously hope bridges can be mended and the club gets back to growing as they were only a short few weeks ago.

Personally.... Committees give me the fear, for every ten guys who are in it for the love and passion of doing something there is always one ego maniac only in it for their own self gains, I am not saying that's the issue at Renfrew... I am saying that in my experience thats what happens across the board!

Also picking up on JB's point, its not about the cash its about the availability...

I didn't mention cash Robert. It's 3 days!

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Im not one for being overly bothered by the inner workings of other clubs nor could I care less about the politics of it all, but having just driven past NWP and seen with my own eyes loads of kids going through the gates wearing training kit im calling bullshit on the OP.

Ditto. I never think it's 100% coincidental that at many clubs after some kind of internal committee power struggle some one-post wonders appear on here trashing the new regimes.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Ditto. I never think it's 100% coincidental that at many clubs after some kind of internal committee power struggle some one-post wonders appear on here trashing the new regimes.

There was an awful post put up last week about the Renfrew committee that thankfully due to the diligence of the mods was quickly taken down. 

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

There was an awful post put up last week about the Renfrew committee that thankfully due to the diligence of the mods was quickly taken down. 

That was the one I was thinking of - "fan voicing concern about what's going on" etc which quickly escalated to some outright libelous claims. Now the new regime are "ripping off kids"...

A fortnight from now it'll probably have escalated to claims they're running people trafficking and dogfighting rings out of NWP.

There inevitably are clashes and power struggles at most clubs. Thankfully most of them are resolved with a bit of dignity and without someone subsequently acting like a spiteful just-chucked 15 year old.

23 hours ago, JPGR said:

Contact the club instead of hiding behind a username ya gutless c**t

From a person behind a user name? No use in throwing abuse around, Renfrew was on its knees guys came in made a massive difference... and yes I have a user name but most if not all know who I am.

2 minutes ago, Jason King said:

My word, what am extraordinary ego you have.

Who are you? Am I supposed to know who the user name "Nugent4nil" is?

Dear god, get over yourself.

Anybody who has been on here for more than a few weeks knows who he is.

8 hours ago, Viewparker said:

the whole thing is turning into a lottery.

:rolleyes:

On 2017-6-24 at 21:25, Nugent4nil said:

From a person behind a user name? No use in throwing abuse around, Renfrew was on its knees guys came in made a massive difference... and yes I have a user name but most if not all know who I am.

Renfrew were hardly on their knees. A lot of the ground work for the new park was already done before that committee got involved. They carried on the hard work of previous committees and done a good job so they should be trying to help the new committee to keep up the good work instead of trashing them for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, Renfrew fan said:

Renfrew were hardly on their knees. A lot of the ground work for the new park was already done before that committee got involved. They carried on the hard work of previous committees and done a good job so they should be trying to help the new committee to keep up the good work instead of trashing them for no apparent reason.

Agreed............Lesson learnt from this thread is to keep away from forums when drunk, that should be a challenge. I just hope everything works out in the best interests of Renfrew and all concerned. Also re earlier post on this thread yep it did seem a bit twatish but wasn't indented to be a 'oh look at me' type thing and again I apologise as it does read that way but wasn't intended to be.

Archived