Steam Summer Sale 2017

DutchBorderer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2017 at 11:12, DutchBorderer said:

It's that time of year again; the Steam Summer Sale is upon us, due to start tonight (6 PM GMT)!

Perhaps there is less excitement to be had than in previous years as the refund policy has been the end of deep flash and daily discounts, but there should still be plenty of savings to be had (along with a load of proprietary Summer Sale Trading Cards).

Post your wishlists here, rate others' tastes, and get advice on that one game you're not so sure about. Suppose this can also be the place for organizing trades if the need arises.

Here's my top 10 heading into tonight (yes, I have horrible taste)SteamSummerSale.thumb.png.cdc64389cd455d8d153f96c2a0204ddd.png;

I just couldn't get into Civ:BE It just felt cold and didn't have the character that Civ 5 had.

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Too much to hope after banana fucked off that we'd saw the last of gamergate weirdos on here? At least ramagamma sticks to the sub forum.

Banana fucked off? I take it folk stopped biting.

I think Ramagranma might be the son that Oaksoft's slated in the past. Same high-handed arrogance, coupled with the alleged over-interest in technology that Oakie bemoans so much, and a sprinkling of tragic 4chan slang.

If so, you can understand why he stays away from the Politics board.

From what little I read of Banana's posts he sound similar to me in that he is only trying to inject a bit of a life into a videogames forum which being mainly made up of Scottish football fans doesn't really have any life to it.

Forgive me for being well out of the loop, but have they stopped doing the "Daily Deals" during sales? Seems like they're just changing the existing deals displayed on the front page every day. Apologies if they've been doing this for years and I've only just noticed.

Probably not a bad thing. Incredibly annoying to buy a game at 50% off, then find it at 75% off just a few hours later. The things I could have done with that extra 19p.

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Forgive me for being well out of the loop, but have they stopped doing the "Daily Deals" during sales? Seems like they're just changing the existing deals displayed on the front page every day. Apologies if they've been doing this for years and I've only just noticed.

The daily deals and flash sales disappeared when the refund policy was implemented; people could just buy a game, then wait with playing until a deeper discount was applied during one of the aforementioned, and then refund and repurchase at a lower price. It's a shame really, as these deals added a lot of excitement.

Still, I suppose the refund policy is in the consumer's best interest so we shouldn't really complain.

Just added the above before I had a look at the rest of this thread.

Why doesn't it surprise me that Wagamamma is having yet another episode? What an utter cretin. :lol:

A self-proclaimed 'gaming connoisseur', indeed.

On 29/06/2017 at 14:05, A Username With Mo In It said:

Just grabbed a copy of Farming Simulator 17

It's amazing how much fun can be had chopping neeps & storing dung!

Just a pity there is no sheep!

giphy.gif

I suppose I'd better buy something before I forget and lose the chance. Here's my (probable) shopping list for derision:

Typing of the Dead: Overkill - £2.99
Day of the Tentacle Remastered - £2.74
The Consuming Shadow - £3.49
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure - £0.99
Double Dragon Trilogy - £1.19
Randal's Monday - £2.99
Hatred - £2.99
Orion Trail - £2.06
Kathy Rain - £2.52

Not really excited about any of them TBH. I've got 600 unplayed games backlogged on my Steam account, waiting for me to have time to play the feckers  <_<

8 minutes ago, XIII said:

600? Far out, I thought my 175 was good

They've been building up since Half-Life 2 was released, mainly through sales and bundles. There can be such a thing as too much choice!

Half-Life 2 itself is still on my never-finished list. Always start to lose interest after Ravenholm, for some reason.

Nice one.

Anyway finished my steam summer sale purchases, ended up getting ;

Players unknown battlegrounds
Everspace
Sonic the hedgehog 1&2 (for my son)
Sniper Elite 3
Wrack
35MM
Mount and Blade: Warband
Stories Untold
Northgard (refunded)
Dropsy
Portal bundle
Insurgency
Stronghold Crusader HD
Limbo

Have you played any of Valve's games?  :o

I'm a little jealous - Portal was great fun on the first playthrough. The sequel is maybe a bit too long by comparison, but there's still some really funny stuff in there. I'd be interested to know what you thought of the original Half-Life, playing through it now for the first time - it was great twenty years ago, but I'm not sure how well it's aged.

Archived