Steam Summer Sale 2017

DutchBorderer

It's that time of year again; the Steam Summer Sale is upon us, due to start tonight (6 PM GMT)!

Perhaps there is less excitement to be had than in previous years as the refund policy has been the end of deep flash and daily discounts, but there should still be plenty of savings to be had (along with a load of proprietary Summer Sale Trading Cards).

Post your wishlists here, rate others' tastes, and get advice on that one game you're not so sure about. Suppose this can also be the place for organizing trades if the need arises.

Here's my top 10 heading into tonight (yes, I have horrible taste)SteamSummerSale.thumb.png.cdc64389cd455d8d153f96c2a0204ddd.png;

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping to pick up for cheap ;

Battlegrounds
Fm17 touch
Wrack
The flame in the flood
Blackwake
Subsistence
2dark
Northgard
Everspace
Cold waters
We happy few (hasn't been on sale since being on the storefront)

How have I never heard of any of XIII's games?  :huh:

Well, except 2dark, and that's just because I backed the Kickstarter (or whatever). I should probably find out why they haven't sent me a key, if it's out.

3 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

It's that time of year again; the Steam Summer Sale is upon us, due to start tonight (6 PM GMT)!

Perhaps there is less excitement to be had than in previous years as the refund policy has been the end of deep flash and daily discounts, but there should still be plenty of savings to be had (along with a load of proprietary Summer Sale Trading Cards).

Post your wishlists here, rate others' tastes, and get advice on that one game you're not so sure about. Suppose this can also be the place for organizing trades if the need arises.

Here's my top 10 heading into tonight (yes, I have horrible taste)SteamSummerSale.thumb.png.cdc64389cd455d8d153f96c2a0204ddd.png;

Motorsport Manager is good fun once you get the hang of it. I strolled the championship in my second season with one of my drivers winning half the races - although I did myself out of a good result at one event as I wasn't paying attention and one of my drivers ran out of fuel.

It's not got official team names etc but there's a few mods kicking around that sort that out. There's a few official add ons that cost so might see if they're in the sale.

How have I never heard of any of XIII's games?  :huh:
Well, except 2dark, and that's just because I backed the Kickstarter (or whatever). I should probably find out why they haven't sent me a key, if it's out.

Should look them up mate, some look really decent, while your at it, highly recommend Playdeads INSIDE. Should be a couple of pounds when on sale and what a game!

Inside was a neat little 2 hour experience, really the ending is what drove all the discussion, put that aside and it was a mechanically simplistic but accomplished side scroller.

Still better than most of the AAA games out on the market at the moment. It's simplistic gameplay and art style was what made it stand out for me.

Still better than most of the AAA games out on the market at the moment

Thats a fairly absurd comment given the high bar of quality releases in 2017. snowflake generation so ill give you a pass thing. Its an incredibly shallow game which does nothing noteworthy or special. The entire discussion of the game around release stemmed from a 10 minute sequence towards the end where you pilot a massive blob of trapper keeper flesh... there I've just spared anyone the relative monotony of actually playing it.

Question for @Ramagamma: what's your opinion on The Last Night that was shown on E3?  Oh and bugger off with the spoilers will you.

I have 60 games on my wishlist, the vast majority of which are indies.  I prefer to play AAA games on the PS4 and indie titles on the Mac/Windows (partly because there's some guarantee of good performance like that, but more because of the age-old couch v desk argument).

The top ten on my list:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.a5d5ddef53f936cec7b3145667474dda.PNG

Owlboy, Hollow Knight and Stardew Valley are due to be released on the Switch at some point so I'll hold off for those on that platform, unless the prices are ridiculously cheap.

If Her Story is discounted I'd recommend that.

Ramagranma calling other people out as snowflakes  :lol:

2 hours ago, XIII said:

Should look them up mate, some look really decent, while your at it, highly recommend Playdeads INSIDE. Should be a couple of pounds when on sale and what a game!

Yeah, my wanted list is a bit short at the moment, so I think I will do. Just realised that I've got a 40% off voucher for Inside, but I still haven't played through Limbo yet  :lol:

Actually, my Steam wishlist is in a terrible state - this is apparently my #1 wanted game right now  :1eye

WWEWrestleFest.png

Thats a fairly absurd comment given the high bar of quality releases in 2017. snowflake generation so ill give you a pass thing. Its an incredibly shallow game which does nothing noteworthy or special. The entire discussion of the game around release stemmed from a 10 minute sequence towards the end where you pilot a massive blob of trapper keeper flesh... there I've just spared anyone the relative monotony of actually playing it.

Snowflake? Do you usually use such pathetic Americanisms in your vocabulary?

Gaming is subjective, I like inside, I think it's better and more interesting than most triple A games that have failed to get my attention. No need to give away spoilers just because you don't agree with me.

Your getting tedious mate

Had a quick look around at the sales and quite disappointed, most games between 15-20% off with the next most common being 50% off. Miss the days of the crazy sales but will probably still get most of my wish-list as the prices for games in Australia will go up ftom July 1 thanks to the digital goods tax (this is ontop of paying for games in USD which makes Australia the most expensive steam storefront)

Its perfectly fine to waste your life on medicore games XIII, don't be so butthurt about it, i could recommend a couple of dozen fantastic AAA games from the past 2 years but by all means keep repeating the same 2 hour jumping puzzle if thats what sates you

Edit 1: Just to clarify, I'm only stating a counter-point to someone coming out with an absurdist statement, its not fair to give other people realistic expectations, I have no cross to bear, Inside is a nicely done game but even £9 is asking too much for something with gameplay elements from the 90's that can be beaten in under 2 hours.

Edit 2: And since you'll no doubt be interested in what a real gaming connoisseur picks up in these sales so far I've grabbed a copy of Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

Aye, the one "butthurt" definitely isn't the guy who's gotten himself frothing about what other people like to play, and absolutely positively isn't the one who felt the need to put in two edits to really cement his position.

"Gaming connoisseur" :lol:

Archived