C**** on a Train

Would hardly call Carlisle to Glasgow long distance ! Heard the guard mention something about no reservations anyway due to whatever reason , myself I was just wanting to be on the first train back home after being on my own one from 7 this morning .

2 hours and 20 mins if you use a Scotrail service. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that's long distance. Certainly isn't a ride in the park if you need a pish and the toilet's fucked [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

2 hours and 20 mins if you use a Scotrail service. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that's long distance. Certainly isn't a ride in the park if you need a pish and the toilet's fucked emoji38.png

Why would anyone choose that train when the alternative is just over an hour?

Why would anyone choose that train when the alternative is just over an hour?

Because certain members of the public are morons. It's normally quicker to get on that train to Dumfries anyway than it is going down to Carlisle and coming back up via there.

39 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I like to fall asleep on trains. I find that greatly increases the speed of my journey.

Aye, but the journey back to the stop you should've got off at is bit of a bind.

I panicked last night. I'd nodded off, probably just seconds, when I woke and looked out it was pitch black, this is usually a sign I'm well on my way to Edinburgh. On this occasion I was between Easterhouse and Blairhill. I instinctively jumped up, not sure why, it's not as if I could've gotten off. The train was just busy enough for this to be humiliating as I struggled to regain my composure. I got off a stop early to get a taxi home, rather than risk falling asleep again.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, but the journey back to the stop you should've got off at is bit of a bind.

I am fortunate in that respect because most of my train journeys are from Ayr to Glasgow or vice versa and the train terminates at both. My tendency to fall asleep on buses carries much more risk because I live out in the middle of nowhere and buses are only every hour.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am fortunate in that respect because most of my train journeys are from Ayr to Glasgow or vice versa and the train terminates at both. My tendency to fall asleep on buses carries much more risk because I live out in the middle of nowhere and buses are only every hour.

That was my saving grace as well, but then they reopened the line through to Edinburgh and my travel is now fraught with danger.

37 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I remembered being peeved when the last trains to Aberdeen were extended to Inverurie. Fall asleep and overcarry to there and your train fare will be a fraction of the one for the taxi needed at 1am.

I once fell asleep on one going all the way from Edinburgh to Inverness via Aberdeen. Waking up at Insch at 11 o'clock on a Saturday night in mid December is not ideal.

I once cruelly made the decision to let someone sleep on when I knew they were missing their stop.

Was a train from Dyce to Aberdeen going straight through to Edinburgh.

Early evening and annoying drunk on platform shouting loudly on phone about what a night they were going to have. Everyone was on it , going to be random and mental, the usual annoying pish.

He was already blootered and it was only about 18.30.

He was asking where they all were in Aberdeen as he would be there in 10 minutes.

He got on the train, the journey to Aberdeen takes about 8minutes.

2 more minutes of crap chat were followed by silence as he fell asleep.

Getting off at Aberdeen I had a choice. Wake him or leave him.

Left him and enjoyed seeing the train move away with him sound asleep on it.

I have no idea how far he went before waking but I hope it was somewhere like Kirkcaldy.

22 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

I once cruelly made the decision to let someone sleep on when I knew they were missing their stop.

Was a train from Dyce to Aberdeen going straight through to Edinburgh.

Early evening and annoying drunk on platform shouting loudly on phone about what a night they were going to have. Everyone was on it , going to be random and mental, the usual annoying pish.

He was already blootered and it was only about 18.30.

He was asking where they all were in Aberdeen as he would be there in 10 minutes.

He got on the train, the journey to Aberdeen takes about 8minutes.

2 more minutes of crap chat were followed by silence as he fell asleep.

Getting off at Aberdeen I had a choice. Wake him or leave him.

Left him and enjoyed seeing the train move away with him sound asleep on it.

I have no idea how far he went before waking but I hope it was somewhere like Kirkcaldy.

^^^Cùnt found.

I'm usually thinking about going home at 6.30 these days.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I panicked last night. I'd nodded off, probably just seconds, when I woke and looked out it was pitch black, this is usually a sign I'm well on my way to Edinburgh. On this occasion I was between Easterhouse and Blairhill. I instinctively jumped up, not sure why, it's not as if I could've gotten off. The train was just busy enough for this to be humiliating as I struggled to regain my composure. I got off a stop early to get a taxi home, rather than risk falling asleep again.

But you woke up 3 hours later outside your house with a £300 fare, cos the driver had taken an indirect route rather than wake you up :lol:

2 hours and 20 mins if you use a Scotrail service. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that's long distance. Certainly isn't a ride in the park if you need a pish and the toilet's fucked [emoji38]

I'll give you that but this was a tpe on wcml not the magical mystery tour round the sou' west! Drove from hunterston to Carlisle the other day and that was fucking chronic !

I'll give you that but this was a tpe on wcml not the magical mystery tour round the sou' west! Drove from hunterston to Carlisle the other day and that was fucking chronic !

You'll be surprised the amount of times I'm asked why we aren't at Glasgow yet as folk don't realise it's a far slower service. Their face is always a picture though [emoji38]

You'll be surprised the amount of times I'm asked why we aren't at Glasgow yet as folk don't realise it's a far slower service. Their face is always a picture though [emoji38]

You know what , I actually doubt I'd be surprised , I can imagine quite a sizeable figure . Working in the railway has tought me that 90% of people that use the railway probably shouldn't be allowed out by themselves !

You know what , I actually doubt I'd be surprised , I can imagine quite a sizeable figure . Working in the railway has tought me that 90% of people that use the railway probably shouldn't be allowed out by themselves !

Had a guy get on the other day wanting to make a complaint. I asked if I could help and he said the doors never opened at his station and so he missed the stop. Long story short I asked him to point out what door it was so I could tell the guard on that train the door wasn't working: he points to a door that would have been facing the running line [emoji38] I burst out laughing and told him he was lucky the door didn't open.

On 28/10/2017 at 08:51, Sergeant Wilson said:

Old dear is in front of me furiously stabbing at the door close button as the train approaches the station. She stops doing this as the train stops. I assume she has realised her two errors ie the doors won't open when the train is moving, particularly if your hitting the close button.

The train is stationary, she now stares, motionless at the doors, a few seconds pass. I say to her "you'll need to press the button". No response, deaf as a stab. Time has moved on, people are behind me, the pressure is building, I need to act. I push past her and open the doors in the nick of time, avoiding us all going to Bathgate. What thanks do I get?..none. I seen her get in a car and start ranting at the driver and glaring at me for being so rude. I should get a medal.

I will repeat.

Old folk are in the main c***s.

No voting c***s