C**** on a Train

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How long does the plane take you?

Add travel to the airport, security, minimum time for boarding and a bit of leeway in case of hold ups, about the same I would say. Someone was talking about flying to Birmingham from Glasgow a while back, that makes no sense at all.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Old Jimmy had a few good sayings, Clunk Klick springs to mind.

Clunk Klink every trip, or I'll f**k you in the morgue.

I think would have been a far more effective and accurate saying.

Weird one this morning - train I get to work from Kirkhill normally stops there for a few minutes before moving off...something to do with a train ahead of it on the line.

Anyway, arrived on time...about 20 people waiting to get on, and the thing just sits there with the doors shut for like two minutes.

I was up at the front carriage and eventually stuck my head through the driver's cabin window:

"Err, any chance of you opening the doors, mate?"

"Fuuuucckk... I thought I had...."

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm hardly ever on a train but use the Metro in Barcelona every year.  The only thing that pisses me off is folk trying to get on the Metro before you get off.  Act fucking civilised for f**k sake.  

Catalan rebels, imo.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Weird one this morning - train I get to work from Kirkhill normally stops there for a few minutes before moving off...something to do with a train ahead of it on the line.

Anyway, arrived on time...about 20 people waiting to get on, and the thing just sits there with the doors shut for like two minutes.

I was up at the front carriage and eventually stuck my head through the driver's cabin window:

"Err, any chance of you opening the doors, mate?"

"Fuuuucckk... I thought I had...."

9:09 to Central? I did wonder what was taking so long.

I was on a train from Newark to Newcastle yesterday. There was an old dear sitting back to back with me in one of the seats for disabled folk who need a wheelchair.  Because I'm an uncharitable sod, I thought she was a bit of a c**t when her phone rang and she yelled into it for about 10 minutes. It couldn't be helped though - she was just at that age. However, she did engage a lassie across the aisle in an interminable  (well 30 minute) conversation which was ripping my knitting such was its mundane content.  

It wasn't until I got up to get off the train that I discovered that the other party, rather than sit in any one of a number of available seats, was lying flat out diagonally across the floor in front of the disabled seat.  That's the sort of behaviour which is solely in the domain of the jakey on a hugely overcrowded train. At 5pm on an average Wednesday, you have to assume only a daft c**t would do that. 

Edited by HTG

Last Thursday on the way to Glasgow, 2 businessmen sitting in a table of 4 see a group get on, moved all their laptops etc. Onto the 2 spare so no one could sit next to them.

They almost missed getting off at Stirling because of everyone standing around them unable to move.