babfc

Our next 5 fixtures:

07/04/18 - Shettleston (h) Central League Cup 2nd Round Tie 2pm ko

11/04/18 - Port Glasgow (a) League 6.30pm ko

14/04/18 - Neilston (h) League 2pm ko

18/04/18 - St. Rochs (h) 6.30pm ko

21/04/18 - Shotts Bon Accord (a) 2pm ko

• 2 weeks later...

Going by Port Glasgow's approach to the game on Wednesday at Holm Park we'll need full riot gear to protect our players down there in a fortnight. 

A more angry, aggressive, argumentative, downright dirty team I haven't seen for many a season. And this was them in the lead until the 80th minute! Two men sent off and a few more lucky not to be.

I can only assume they were annoyed about something before they took to the pitch. Maybe because they were missing the One Show?  

12 minutes ago, babfc said:

Going by Port Glasgow's approach to the game on Wednesday at Holm Park we'll need full riot gear to protect our players down there in a fortnight. 

A more angry, aggressive, argumentative, downright dirty team I haven't seen for many a season. And this was them in the lead until the 80th minute! Two men sent off and a few more lucky not to be.

I can only assume they were annoyed about something before they took to the pitch. Maybe because they were missing the One Show?  

Just your average Junior game then?

Port Glasgow were certainly an aggressive outfit and you could see and hear the frustration on the Yoker bench.  I was amazed that it didn't end up in a riot at the end - it was probably too dark to be able to recognise anyone, though.  I was surprised at Port as they can clearly play decent football but all that 'kicking the ball' away nonsense, constant griping at the ref, etc., just wasn't needed.

Also - thinking about the state of the pitch at Holm Park - any chance the game might be off tomorrow?  

19 minutes ago, Taxman said:

If the rain doesn't stop then there's every chance, the pitch was pretty mangled at the end of the game on Wednesday, especially around the centre circle & was badly cut up elsewhere.

Any idea, Taxman, when a decision might be made?  Early tomorrow morning?

3 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Thanks

looking decent now with forecast

Still lots of surface water on it this morning, weather looking a bit better now but it will be tomorrow before we know for sure.