Yoker news today

babfc

Yoker's scheduled away game to Port Glasgow this week has now been switched to Holm Park on Saturday according to the SJFA website

Yoker complain get the fixture changed to their midden now park is unplayable. Well done Yoker. Game would have been on at the Port.

7 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Dry yer eyes Yoker had every right to request a home game.

7 hours ago, Greenock said:

Yoker complain get the fixture changed to their midden now park is unplayable. Well done Yoker. Game would have been on at the Port.

Yoker did not request a home game or ask for the game to be switched you very rude chap.

On 9 December 2017 at 21:53, Greenock said:

So the fixtures guy just decided by himself to change that one fixture, wonder why he did that ?

You have to ask the man himself. You seem unduly worked up about this one game. You've obviously never fallen foul of this TIT.( Totally Incompetent Tosser)

FYI and I may be corrected here but Yoker have had ONE scheduled home League game  out of eight or nine played this season. That cannot be fair.

Also what  about the teams that have had THREE blank Saturdays due to away Scottish Cup games being called off when with their own grounds being playable they could have played League games? The whole situation of the Cup taking precedence is a nonsense.

As may have  been said before dry your eyes and don't blame individual clubs. Its's the whole system and Office Bearers that needs a root and branch over haul. They are  killing the Junior game.

Edited by babfc

• 3 weeks later...

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, when it comes, to all fans of the Juniors and especially those with Yoker leanings.

2017 is a year Yoker supporters will want to put behind us. I was going to say forget but all involved at the club need to learn lessons from the last twelve months.

Any year with a relegation in it is disappointing but what is even more so is the start made in our present League. Nothing short of catastrophic for any chance of bouncing back,I feel. We are going to need to improve quickly and put a run of better results together if we are to move up this table. If we don't I fear 2017 will repeat itself.

Amazingly we are still in the Cup at a stage where a lot of bigger teams have gone out but that gives no satisfaction when our League form is so poor.

Fingers crossed for a better year ahead. 

Edited by babfc

There's no relegation this year but we could end up stuck in this division next season once re-organisation kicks in. Given that we should have a decent run of home games at some point we need to win them all boost our chances of a place in the new Championship division.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose a point is better than none but when are Yoker going to stop gifting goals? Clean sheets for this team are as rare as hen's teeth! I count three in the last year. My count may be out but it's still pathetic by any standard.

I suppose a point is better than none but when are Yoker going to stop gifting goals? Clean sheets for this team are as rare as hen's teeth! I count three in the last year. My count may be out but it's still pathetic by any standard.

Can’t believe yoker got a point out that game today with the chances the shire missed got to say yoker first goal was a stunning strike

Apart from disallowed goal i cant remember shire having tgat many clear chances although Liam Campbell has had a cple of good saves in 2nd half,Yoker missing a few players on sat hope to see some of them back this week and maybe some fresh faces

• 2 weeks later...

Pleasantly surprised our Cup tie at Whitburn is on. Here's hoping for a performance like at Troon where we rode our luck at times but more importantly kept a clean sheet and took our chances.  Sorry to be missing this one. Will follow on Twitter, I hope.

14 hours ago, Triple h said:

Hope you followed on twitter babfc the whe ho march, on the george brothers doing something right,obviously hard work pays off

You've got a vested interest in the "George brothers"  of course being  their Da.

However, your bias aside I am  absolutely delighted with the result today. From what I hear it was a hard fought affair with the wind reducing flowing football. I am  however worried about one thing. I've been told that Hashim  Cole left the ground at half time having played the first half and not obviously injured. An explanation would be good. 

I hope we can turn our Cup form into a winning run in the League and salvage a terrible start to the season.

Edited by babfc
Misspelling of name

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:35, babfc said:

You've got a vested interest in the "George brothers"  of course being  their Da.

However, your bias aside I am  absolutely delighted with the result today. From what I hear it was a hard fought affair with the wind reducing flowing football. I am  however worried about one thing. I've been told that Hashim  Cole left the ground at half time having played the first half and not obviously injured. An explanation would be good. 

I hope we can turn our Cup form into a winning run in the League and salvage a terrible start to the season.

I was at the game on Saturday and there was nothing obviously wrong with Hash although the team were at each others throats for a lot of the 1st half but it was obviously sorted out at half time. Over the piece though the Whe Ho were the better team & thoroughly deserved their win. The wind though turned the game into a lottery at times. Allegedly the draw for the 5th round will take place on the Peter & Roughie Football Show which should boost the viewing figures no end lol.

On 27/01/2018 at 23:35, babfc said:

Being their da lol