Yoker news today

babfc

Good 2-0 for win for Yoker today against an Ashfield side who made it difficult but we kept at it and got the win.

The new boys all did well and at this stage of the season it's still about getting an understanding between new and existing players. 

Nothing on show to get over the moon about but a solid start and something which was rare last season, a clean sheet.

Decent enough start but a far sterner test lies in wait away to The Shire tomorrow I suspect.  Steph Reilly said in last week's Clydebank Post it was about a continuation of preseason having started back later than normal so a few changes in personnel expected. 

Didn't make this game. Was it another one of those experimental teams Mr Reilly puts out from time to time? You know the one, with no defence? Or the one which can't be defended? For the manager it's still pre season, for the supporters it seems more like deja vu.

Couldn't tell you about the yoker starting line up but they started the first half well and took the lead but after that shire dominated and scored a peach of volley then an outstanding free kick 2nd half only really 1 team in it as our pace and energy going forward was hard for yoker 2 cope with we scored another 2 but really could have had a few more

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 00:18, babfc said:

Didn't make this game. Was it another one of those experimental teams Mr Reilly puts out from time to time? You know the one, with no defence? Or the one which can't be defended? For the manager it's still pre season, for the supporters it seems more like deja vu.

First two goals we lost were absolute belters, nothing could be done about them, the other two were preventable.  The manager is working away in Oban during the week & only takes the team on Saturdays, Graham George was in charge for this game.  May have been my imagination but the players didn't look interested.

1 hour ago, Taxman said:

First two goals we lost were absolute belters, nothing could be done about them, the other two were preventable.  The manager is working away in Oban during the week & only takes the team on Saturdays, Graham George was in charge for this game.  May have been my imagination but the players didn't look interested.

Same again tomorrow :) 

If the players don't look interested tonight we've got problems!

I just think the manager would have been a bit wiser to have stated we want to do our best to get out of this group for a change.

Instead the statement we are treating it as pre season gets through to the players and we get patchy performances.

Anyway, this is another one I'm missing. We looked ok for spells against Maryhill and should have closed it out,so that was disappointing. I'll be glued to Twitter nevertheless.

I just think the manager would have been a bit wiser to have stated we want to do our best to get out of this group for a change.
Instead the statement we are treating it as pre season gets through to the players and we get patchy performances.
Anyway, this is another one I'm missing. We looked ok for spells against Maryhill and should have closed it out,so that was disappointing. I'll be glued to Twitter nevertheless.

Its ur cup final tonight use r always up for it v us.

Mon the papers

17 hours ago, babfc said:

We were all over Clydebank last night & should have won comfortably. Finished the game with 10 men after Gary Bissland was sent off for trampling over one of their players, cue 15 man brawl; referee lost it at that point with several Yoker players booked & one Bankie, even though their bench were on the pitch without permission!!! Richard Henry had an outstanding game & was Man of the Match as far we were concerned.

You missed the fact that the incident happened in front of our bench and that the entire Yoker bench ran across the pitch to get involved!

We had 2 19 year olds and a 17 year old playing last night and we'll be playing in the 1/4 final next week.

If Yoker had put half the effort they put in last night into their last 3 league games last season they wouldn't have been relegated.

44 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

You missed the fact that the incident happened in front of our bench and that the entire Yoker bench ran across the pitch to get involved!

We had 2 19 year olds and a 17 year old playing last night and we'll be playing in the 1/4 final next week.

If Yoker had put half the effort they put in last night into their last 3 league games last season they wouldn't have been relegated.

Entire Yoker bench?  1 player who'd been substituted entered the field of play in the melee and was cautioned, your number 4 did likewise to start the whole thing but wasn't cautioned...... as the challenge in itself was nothing and in absolutely no way merited a red card which your club's video proves.  One member of the Yoker coaching staff initially entered the field (as did your Manager) but only to diffuse the situation as again proven by the video highlights so don't start spreading malicious lies.  The Yoker manager latterly enters the pitch to pull the player away who had been substituted.  Your number 5 can clearly be seen to extend his arm in the midst of it all, whether it's aiming a punch or not is debatable.

Can I ask what age has to do with anything? If that's the case you should mention you also had several players with senior league experience playing including one who played  in the Premier League??? Don't be picky, state all the facts or say nothing.

Nothing malicious at all merely stating facts in answer to the one sided post from taxman who never mentioned that any of the Yoker bench were involved.

My point about the youngsters was that we have a game against the best team in junior football on Saturday so rested a few experienced players that's all.

I have no axe to grind with Yoker and hope you can get promoted this season.Im sure you will If the effort that was put in last night is replicated in your league matches.

9 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Nothing malicious at all merely stating facts in answer to the one sided post from taxman who never mentioned that any of the Yoker bench were involved.

My point about the youngsters was that we have a game against the best team in junior football on Saturday so rested a few experienced players that's all.

I have no axe to grind with Yoker and hope you can get promoted this season.Im sure you will If the effort that was put in last night is replicated in your league matches.

You didn't state facts though, you said the entire Yoker bench were involved.  They weren't.

All the best at Glenafton on Saturday.

Yoker can justifiably feel aggrieved at the result last night - we didn't play at all and could have no complaints if we'd been beaten by a Cpl of goals. However we got the counter and can move on and probably draw a veil over the game. Big Rab strolled through the game last night and im sure he will do well in the Central 1st.

All the best to our pals. That's 2 Central League 1 sides, A Super 1st side and a Central 2nd side we've had in our group. The 2 Central 1 sides look well able to compete at that level.