Yoker news today

babfc

I know there aren't many of us but for the gallant few with a Yoker interest the Clydebank Post is today reporting that Manager Stephen Reilly and his staff are staying on for next season.

The club have retained a number of players so far with the exception of Michael Bailley who they are saying has joined Queens Park. I thought Michael was as whole hearted a player as you will find and he will be a big miss.

Top scorer Ryan Hynes has been retained too having reportedly rejected offers from six clubs.

According to The Post the feeling among the staff and players staying on is that they let themselves and the club down last season and they want to set it right.

I hope they can do just that but a more calm and considered, not to mention positive, approach needs to be adopted by the Assistants to the Manager and the man himself.

The amount of time spent suspended has to be reduced to zero in my humble opinion for the good of the team, their pockets and blood pressure!

Anyway with the majority staying on and some additions let's hope the players can rise to the challenge of getting us back up in one go although there will be no room for error in this division.

I totally agree about the refereeing standards. The assistant referees are also far too easily upset by sometimes innocuous comments from the coaching staff.

But our guys didn't seem to learn from it and were constantly being done for their antics.

It's a Junior issue but the message has to be keep a lid on it in my opinion.

We may be helped next season by having no assistants on the line in our division!

1 hour ago, babfc said:

I know there aren't many of us but for the gallant few with a Yoker interest the Clydebank Post is today reporting that Manager Stephen Reilly and his staff are staying on for next season.

The club have retained a number of players so far with the exception of Michael Bailley who they are saying has joined Queens Park. I thought Michael was as whole hearted a player as you will find and he will be a big miss.

Top scorer Ryan Hynes has been retained too having reportedly rejected offers from six clubs.

According to The Post the feeling among the staff and players staying on is that they let themselves and the club down last season and they want to set it right.

I hope they can do just that but a more calm and considered, not to mention positive, approach needs to be adopted by the Assistants to the Manager and the man himself.

The amount of time spent suspended has to be reduced to zero in my humble opinion for the good of the team, their pockets and blood pressure!

Anyway with the majority staying on and some additions let's hope the players can rise to the challenge of getting us back up in one go although there will be no room for error in this division.

Fully agree about discipline issue. Post article mentions the boss, assistant and Gary ( I take it

he is a coach) are all staying. Goalkeeper Mark Wilson, given the nod for league games

towards the end of the campaign, has signed again, but they have received interest concerning

Liam Campbell, who played in cup games.

Apparently they have still to re sign Maitland and Crerand. I hope we can retain these two.

Maitland had a long spell off with injury but showed a bit of what he can do from free kicks when he came back.

Davy Crerand is a guy who gives everything for the team and more often than not he's been on his own up front. It wasn't a great time for him last season but form is temporary so next season I hope is better for him.

To me Yoker seemed to have a few really good individuals but just didn't seem to click collectively, having said that they always seemed to give the bankies a good game. 

However.. I don't for one minute think refereeing is an acceptable excuse for the reactions you get from their dugout. referees get used as an easy scape goat far too often at this level 

I agree that one guy is totally over the top in his over reactions and it's been an issue that has got worse over the season and it actually became embarrassing to see. 

Cutting that out to me has to be a priority as you show no good example to players by getting into bother on the touch line week in week out.

It's all the more disappointing when you recall that the manager stated when first appointed that he wanted to make the club "more professional".

On the point about the player standard I feel we had the players to stay in that division but through inconsistency of  individuals and also team selection we let ourselves down.

We have an inexperienced manager and it's to be hoped that hard lessons have been learned and past mistakes won't be repeated.

Edited by babfc

Yoker should never have went down with the players they have. The attitude from some did shocking the games I seen last season. Telling the management 2 shut up n f**k off yet the player stayed on the pitch full 90. Players need 2 respect there management n I didn't c that with a couple of them. On there day there's 2 players who could walk into a super prem team but attitude is all wrong. Good luck 2 yoker trying 2 get back up

Mon the papers

16 hours ago, babfc said:

I agree that one guy is totally over the top in his over reactions and it's been an issue that has got worse over the season and it actually became embarrassing to see. 

Cutting that out to me has to be a priority as you show no good example to players by getting into bother on the touch line week in week out.

It's all the more disappointing when you recall that the manager stated when first appointed that he wanted to make the club "more professional".

On the point about the player standard I feel we had the players to stay in that division but through inconsistency of  individuals and also team selection we let ourselves down.

We have an inexperienced manager and it's to be hoped that hard lessons have been learned and past mistakes won't be repeated.

His tactics need to change to two up front with Ryan Hynes as CF & a n other playing off/supporting him.  As for the linos getting abuse, anyone gives me abuse they will be getting it straight back lol

On a more serious note, if we retain the bulk of the squad then we have a great chance of coming straight back up although positive attitudes are needed.

Cheers for the support from Bankies fans.

It's appreciated but I hope that you know we'll still be trying to stuff you in the Sectional Cup. I can't remember if we've got you home or away next season?

As for the tactics. I'm just hoping for a defence that can defend better than last season. That's where continuity of selection is crucial for me. If we can try to cut down on the chopping and changing. Playing guys out of position is par for the course in Junior football due work, holidays and of course injuries and, being Yoker more than enough suspensions but I'd be happy to see a core of dependable guys at the back who are defenders first and are available more often than not. That would go a long way to making next season a better one.

Cheers for the support from Bankies fans.
It's appreciated but I hope that you know we'll still be trying to stuff you in the Sectional Cup. I can't remember if we've got you home or away next season?
As for the tactics. I'm just hoping for a defence that can defend better than last season. That's where continuity of selection is crucial for me. If we can try to cut down on the chopping and changing. Playing guys out of position is par for the course in Junior football due work, holidays and of course injuries and, being Yoker more than enough suspensions but I'd be happy to see a core of dependable guys at the back who are defenders first and are available more often than not. That would go a long way to making next season a better one.

The derby game is always good between the 2 sides n must be frustrating watching yoker play out there skin v us then in other games use look a completely different team. Use have a decent team very surprised use went down. Can't wait 2 hammer use in sectional again.

Mon the papers

Signed for season 2017/18 so far are:

Marc Wilson

Kerr Allan

Richard Henry

Gary Bissland 

Scott Smith

Andy Campbell 

Ryan Hynes

*Danny McKinnon - full back, formerly Clydebank. 

Further retention of some of last season's squad to be confirmed shortly along with some more new additions. 

Clydebank Post reporting today that Taxman was correct about Mark McManus moving on. I hope he gets his wish and can keep playing. He's certainly been a stalwart and his dulcet tones will be missed.

The Manager is hoping this week to persuade Liam Campbell, Gary Arbuckle, Greg Maitland, David Crerand and James Ross to stay on. I hope he succeeds.

He is also hoping for another four or five additions to go with a 19 or 20 strong squad.

No word whether John Harvey is going to give it another shot next season so far.

Clydebank Post reporting today that Taxman was correct about Mark McManus moving on. I hope he gets his wish and can keep playing. He's certainly been a stalwart and his dulcet tones will be missed.
The Manager is hoping this week to persuade Liam Campbell, Gary Arbuckle, Greg Maitland, David Crerand and James Ross to stay on. I hope he succeeds.
He is also hoping for another four or five additions to go with a 19 or 20 strong squad.
No word whether John Harvey is going to give it another shot next season so far.

4 really good players for that league. Hope they sign and get yoker promoted

Mon the papers