The Queen`s Speech

The Captain

The Queens Speech was a serving of thin gruel. Bluster masquerading as policy and the cancellation of the highlight of the year - the visit of President Trump. Wake me up when it's all over. Election bunting beckons.

She should have telt Theresa to get herself to f**k live on TV.

ETA:  To give old Liz some kudos, she's doing a tremendous job of trolling the brexiteers with this hat:

DC15sW4W0AAWzaH.jpg

As Media Lens put it:

The Tory government will continue to destroy the NHS, bomb other countries, supply arms to the Saudis to crush Yemen, kill people at home via 'austerity', and trash the climate system.

But all done with 'humility'.

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

As Media Lens put it:

" Rise like lions after slumbe. In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew. Which in sleep had fallen on you. Ye are many - they are few.

Shelley.

50 minutes ago, The Captain said:

" Rise like lions after slumbe. In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew. Which in sleep had fallen on you. Ye are many - they are few.

Shelley.

That's deep man. No idea what it means right enough!

Corbyn not bowing for the Queen, who has in fact been dead for 7 months and is now animatronic. Some boy.

Parliamentary protocol is that the speaker and Black Rod bow to the Queen on behalf of the whole house, meaning that the party leaders do not have to bow.

Theresa May had a pop at Salmond and then welcomed Ian Blackford by reminding him the SNP lost seats  - the only 'sassy' thing I think I've ever known her to do and it's at the expense of two guys she isn't fit to lace the boots of.

& Carolyn Lucas called the DUP dinosaurs :lol:

2 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Theresa May had a pop at Salmond and then welcomed Ian Blackford by reminding him the SNP lost seats  - the only 'sassy' thing I think I've ever known her to do and it's at the expense of two guys she isn't fit to lace the boots of.

She'll know the feeling.

3 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Ironic, given that they don't believe in them.

Archived