9th August – Haddington -  home 6.45pm

12th August – Musselburgh – home 2:30pm

16th August – Tranent -  away 6:45pm

19th August Dunbar  - away 2:30pm

26th August – Blackburn  - home 2:30pm

2nd September – Downfield  - away 2:30pm

9 September – Whitburn  - away 2:30pm

16 Septmber – Glenrothes - home 2:30pm

23rd September - 1st round of the Scottish Cup.

Mon The Jags.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Combester said:

Couple of signing announcements this weekend I believe.

Club FB page will be updated after our first Pre-season session on Saturday!

Mon the Jags!

Hopefully a new keeper to challenge for number 1 spot.

When the u21s folded last year the manager kept two players , Robbie Carter and Euan Robertson the goalie. They both played in a good few friendlies then they went out on loan. Both decent players in their positions, don't know if they are being recalled for the new season. Don't think there's much wrong with the keeper Dalkeith have now. Roll on the new season.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Robb09 said:

popped along for an hour but if you'd said they were charging £6 for a friendly I wouldn't have bothered. We're those ball boys on   £10 a head?

The match was heavily advertised on Social media as well as our website with the admission prices. Adults were £6 - Concessions £3 and kids went free as usual for all our games. The ball boys were all from the Dalkeith Thistle Academy and loved being involved.   8 goals for £6 was pretty much worth it I'd say.

The game was a decent run out for both teams. It was used as another step in our pre season preparations and it was very worthwhile.
Great to see two new boys getting the goals in Elfie and James Laing. All the new boys were excellent and overall everyone worked very hard. Hearts movement was excellent and every one of them seemed lightening quick haha.

4 hours ago, jaggywaggy said:

The match was heavily advertised on Social media as well as our website with the admission prices. Adults were £6 - Concessions £3 and kids went free as usual for all our games. The ball boys were all from the Dalkeith Thistle Academy and loved being involved.   8 goals for £6 was pretty much worth it I'd say.

Great touch last night letting the young lads from academy play 5 a side games before the match, then lead both teams out as mascots you could see they all enjoyed it, always good to get the community involved. 

You said you don't want to come across as moany.....but you are!!! Dalkeith let academy parents in for free last night btw (1 per child) - so we got to see our kids, hearts and dalkeith thistle for nowt... yes it was just a friendly but clearly there was no shortage of demand for people willing to pay judging by the crowd. Dalkeith have bills to pay like every other club but they do a lot for charity too I seem to remember them charging admission to a friendly with Bonnyrigg between Xmas and new year and donating all proceeds to a local Charity.

2 hours ago, Robb09 said:

can't argue with any of that but it wasn't a competitive match so why charge their parents £6 each for the privilege of watching them?

I couldn't tell you about the price situation for parents I was only commenting on the young lads from the academy. I paid £6 last night. 

Mibbe they needed the money? Did you enjoy the game? Were you entertained. Did you feel it was value for money? I'm guessing yes to the first 2 questions but no on the last. What would a fair price in your eyes.

Archived