Europa League 2017/18

lichtie23

Atletico strolled to a 2-0 win last night. Could easily have been more as Costa fluffed a 1-on-1 and you felt like they had a couple of gears to go up if needed. Hard to see anyone stopping them given the quality in the side and their pedigree in knockout competitions under Simeone.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

When we booked the tickets we were gutted to get restricted viewing seats....to be honest it worked out quite well when we took our seats....

Christ, some view that. 

Hoping Lazio get there, two goal advantage going into next week, but need an early away goal to make sure. 

3 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Christ, some view that. 

Hoping Lazio get there, two goal advantage going into next week, but need an early away goal to make sure. 

That was Salzburg's first defeat in the competition this season. Admittedly they've faced some subpar teams in the early stages, but I thought they looked pretty handy against Dortmund.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Thauvin having a good time at Marseille.
Just didn't work out for him at Newcastle

Heard that one before so, so many times.

Saying this as someone who quite likes Newcastle, but as a club they waste/ruin some amount of players.

Marseilles seal it with a last minute goal when the keeper went up for Leipzig. Goal was offside, think the linesman forgot the Keeper wasn't there so thought one player being there was enough. Probably didn't matter by that point though. Fantastic game.

6 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Marseilles seal it with a last minute goal when the keeper went up for Leipzig. Goal was offside, think the linesman forgot the Keeper wasn't there so thought one player being there was enough. Probably didn't matter by that point though. Fantastic game.

Worst thing about that was with 10 players in the penalty area, including their keeper, Leipzig fail to get the corner into the box. 

Why do foreign teams not really give a f**k about what time their games kick off? Just read that CSKA Moscow's game kicked off at 22:05 local time against Arsenal. As a night owl, I wouldn't be opposed to this. Especially considering I work shifts!

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 09:27, lanky_ffc said:

Atletico strolled to a 2-0 win last night. Could easily have been more as Costa fluffed a 1-on-1 and you felt like they had a couple of gears to go up if needed. Hard to see anyone stopping them given the quality in the side and their pedigree in knockout competitions under Simeone.

Lost 1-0 in the away leg last night, but I think a large part of that was complacency as it's the poorest I've seen them play in ages. Their passing was awful as they struggled to handle Sporting's press and they were uncharacteristically terrible at defending set plays. Still could taken at least a draw as they were countering well towards the end as the game opened up, but Griezmann bottled two 1-on-1s and Torres would have been through on goal if he hadn't taken one of the worst touches I've ever seen from a professional footballer :lol:

Archived