Europa League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
England's best shot at winning the World Cup looks like scoring penalties won by cheating. What a front line they've got in Kane, Alli, Sterling and Welbeck. 

Tbf, they don’t have the greatest record in penalty shoot-outs in major finals....

I'm just gonna say this now - Donnarumma - potentially the most overrated keeper in Europe? He's very young, admittedly, but with hype labeling him as the next Buffon, he's made an absolute tonne of mistakes. I watched him against Roma in the flesh last season, in the game Milan lost 1-4. He was piss poor, had no command of his area and wasn't organising his defence at all. He's an absolute talent, obviously, but deserving of the hype? Not so sure.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm just gonna say this now - Donnarumma - potentially the most overrated keeper in Europe? He's very young, admittedly, but with hype labeling him as the next Buffon, he's made an absolute tonne of mistakes. I watched him against Roma in the flesh last season, in the game Milan lost 1-4. He was piss poor, had no command of his area and wasn't organising his defence at all. He's an absolute talent, obviously, but deserving of the hype? Not so sure.

Sorry, Lloris has that title. 

As for commanding his area and organising the defence, that will probably come with more time. I seem to remember the game you are talking about and he also made some outstanding saves, although I'm anxious that I'm making a case for him being the Italian Jordan Pickford. 

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

My predictions

Leipzig vs Marseille

Atletico Madrid vs. Sporting Lisbon

Lazio vs Salzburg

Arsenal vs. CSKA Moscow

That would be a pretty exciting line-up. If Atletico take this seriously, which they will, then they should run away with it. 

Archived