Europa League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

How should they celebrate it? How about going through every single post that references them, then quote all of them?

What I sometimes do Accie is a wee post about being at the game then when I get a wonderfully deafening silence for the next  12 hours have a wee nibble at all those non believers who only post when Lolverpool lose or most recently draw away to the top seeds :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Arsenal reporting an attendance of almost 55,000, when there was quite clearly hardly anyone there.

Their members only ticket policy during games like this seems weird.

47169FBC00000578-5157339-image-a-60_1512

:lol:

I caught a bit of the game in the pub earlier and 30,000 seems generous,

I watched the highlights show last night before bed and found myself googling half the teams involved. I'm officially getting old, I remember when the Uefa cup featured well known teams, as well as giants like Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjardar and BK Hacken

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd imagine because Spartak are at home on Thursday.

Edit: hadn't realised CSKA are away to Red Star. In that case...

I imagine because Partizan are at home on Thursday.

Aye Partizan are at home!

that's a proper good cup draw is that - at least half of the teams must feel that they have a good chance of winning the thing, all manner of competitive matches and the prospect of several combustible games in the next round - or is the draw going to be tampered with to deny us the vicarious thrills to be had from  massively entertaining local derbies - i could do with a few grim faced tv presenters whining about "a return to the dark days" as Red Start and Partizan raize parts of Belgrade to the ground, and some limp-wristed Arsenal faggots getting bricks and horse shit thrown at them by mentalist Kazakhstani ultras....

Sporting Lisbon look to be in good shape to go through after winning 3-1 at Astana, here are some predictions from me

Dortmund 2 - 0 Atalanta

Nice 1 - 1 Lokomotiv Moscow

Spartak Moscow 1 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Real Sociedad 2 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Ludogrets 0 - 3 AC Milan

Ostersunds 1 - 3 Arsenal

Marseille 2 - 2 Braga

FC Copenhagen 1 - 4 Atletico Madrid

AEK Athens 0 - 0 Dynamo Kyiv

Celtic 1 - 2 Zenit St. Petersburg

Napoli 2 - 1 RB Leipzig

Lyon 1 - 1 Villarreal

Partizan Belgrade 1 - 0 Viktoria Plzen

Steaua Bucharest 0 - 2 Lazio

I'll probably be super wrong on most of these but we will see

If you haven't had your fix of patronising commentators after last weekend's Scottish Cup, then you needn't worry. You can sink your teeth into the Arsenal tie tonight before a weekend of FA Cup football. 

Archived