Europa League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69

Yeah watching it on youtube as well. Fair bit of trouble with the hadjuk fans apparently but cameras didn't show it.

Yes the local commentary said but didn't go into any great detail

Guest DAVIDB69

Surprised Everton are about fourth favourites to win this , don't think they anywhere near good enough to challenge for this

That was alright. First half was a breeze, but the arse sorta fell out of it in the second. Most of the game was played in the midfield which suited Everton in the first half given they had Gueye and Schneiderlin there, but it slowly faded away with Schneiderlin and then Klaassen coming off. Keane and Williams bossed most things coming forward, but there were still plenty of cagey moments down the flanks. Martina really is horrendous.
As for the Split fans, they were fucking mental. We were in their corteo walking to the ground, and they were all pretty much tanked up skinheads who'd take no prisoners. Scary stuff. Just after Keane scored, there were things flying around between the two, and then the Split fans all tried to storm the Park End. Even being at the opposite side was fucking terrifying :lol:
Still need to score over there, in my opinion, but there wasn't much to fear based on tonight.

Shame that the fairy tale for Shkendija ended as abruptly as it did - then again it was always on the cards against Milan.

Vardar, however, are in a very good position provided they don't shit themselves back in Istanbul. Would be something special for Macedonian football.

My first experience of Everton TV last night and thought it was pretty good. They were obviously and self admittedly biased but not ridiculously blinkered like the bigot brothers channels,  the only other 'in-house' ones I've experienced.(Shudder. One Saints game on a stream of each and never, ever again). Praise and criticism to both sides where it was due and their delivery was more chat than the mainstreams screaming, soundbite driven, listen to ME style and hardly any Scouse to be heard. No thick, rule ignorant ex-pros promoting cheating at half time either. It was all quite a pleasant change from the usual.

Decent game overall with a few laggy bits. Everton could've been 3 or 4 up but then Hajduk could have easily got it back to 2-1 near the end. Will be an interesting second leg anyway.

Someone claimed that BT Sport don't actually have the rights to the qualifiers and normally the games go to the highest bidders. Hence why the Celtic and Rangers games were on Premier. Don't quote me on this though, just what someone said.

I thought that was the case up til the final qualifying round, which is classed as being the tournament proper. It's certainly the case in the Champions League (hence the official theme and sponsor's boards and both Liverpool and Celtic on BT Sport this week) so I assumed it would be the same for the Europa. Maybe not.

Archived