Great Balls of Fire 2017

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Reigns look in the mirror of the ambulance as if to say "am I really going to do this??" was gold.

Yeah, pretty good show.  Not quite as good as I thought it'd be with how the card looked though.  The iron man match I thought was a bit plodding until the final few minutes.  Think the best moment ended up being the Alexa Bliss arm fake thing.  I genuinely thought something had gone horribly wrong there, but that's something new we've not seen as far as I know.  Count-out victory was a bit cheap, but they're trying to go the long-game.

The ambulance match was...interesting.  Probably the right result and an interesting finish, but what are they trying to achieve?  Are they painting it as a turn?  Are they just giving hi revenge and hoping that doing something like that will endear him to the crowd?  If it's the latter, then they've failed, as Braun still came out of it looking better after he spent several minutes eating and spreading blood packs all over himself.  The sequence from the crash to him coming out was just odd though - throwing out two jobbers for a match, giving it 20 seconds, then cutting away and having said match end off camera but still audible...I know they'll get a paycheck for an appearance, but shits all over the two involved.  Was hoping we'd get another segment with the, but guess they're saving for RAW.

The main event was disappointing in the end.  I thought we were finally going to get an interesting Lesnar match, but once again they just book him to do his two moves and win the match.  Joe looks like a tit for just waiting it out after his initial flurry, and Brock hits one move and finishes him.  I would have loved for them to go 5 more minutes and just leather each other.  Joe came out looking good I guess, but it's a missed opportunity.  Lesnar's act has gotten very stale.

EDIT: On watching a few review videos on youtube, it seems Bliss has done this double-jointed thing a couple of times before.  Still, I've not seen it, and it remains bloody brilliant :wub:

Guest bernardblack

Reigns is a heel now yeah? He literally tried to kill someone just cause he was beaten fair and square.

The Bliss thing was wild. Her ring work obviously needs improved but she's a great character and suits being a little arsehole. Agreed on the main event, I kept checking the time after the Ambulance match and knew it wasn't going to go long. But the ending felt a bit cheap unless there's a rematch down the line.

Thought It wasn't too bad.

Usually bored at a long feud but tbh I've enjoyed Hardyz v Shecesaro, Cesaro and Sheamus when they do split up one day will be good to see them back In the championship pack.

Reigns and Braun are class, good feud, the blood and ambulance was a nice ending although the match could've ended better Instead of his failed spear (unless It's a turn) but It's reigns so probably not.

Knew Cass would squash Enzo, shame they never got the titles before they ended. Enzo's promo work has been excellent these last few weeks so maybe 205 for him, breath new life In to that.

Disappointed Joe never got the title although you knew that wasn't happening, his work these past few weeks has been very good. Having a part time champ Is very amateur.

Archived