East Cup of (Football) Nations 2017-18

HibeeJibee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 17:13, Hoofhearted said:

By my reckoning Vale will become the  sixth team to play a home EoS, LL or  cup game at Ainslie Park. They will join Spartans, Edinburgh  City, LTHV, Leith Ath and Stirling Uni. Perhaps HibbeeJibbee can confirm.

Also Spartans women and Hibs ladies. 

FT East Kilbride 1-0 Civil Service Strollers

10 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Gretna  v Spartans due for tonight off.

Rearranged next Tuesday (20th) confirm club twitters.

SFs:

Tue 27 Feb       Gretna 2008/Spartans v East Kilbride
Wed 28 Feb     Lothian Thistle HV v Vale of Leithen

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:33, HibeeJibee said:

SF line-up:

Tue 27 Feb       Spartans v East Kilbride

"4pm referee inspection" says Spartans twitter.

"0.5cm snow on pitch" says SC FA twitter.

EDIT: Match postponed.

x240-7jE.jpg

EDIT AGAIN: now Tuesday 6th March:

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:17, HibeeJibee said:

Spartans v East Kilbride

Match postponed.

now Tuesday 6th March:

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:38, Jute said:

LTHV v Vale off tonight.

now Wednesday 14th March:

Spartans 0-1 East Kilbride

EK secure their place in the Football Nation EOS Qualifying Cup Final toward the end of the month and thus also qualify to visit Edinburgh City or the mighty Berwick Rangers in the EOS Cup SFs.

Some real positives for EK tonight. Obviously the result, securing more games before season ends and a return to action after the best the Beast could throw at us. Performance of young Edin Lynch, only 17 and further evidence that Billy Stark  trusts the emerging players from Club Pathway. Along with the vastly experienced young  Craig Howie, another Pathway talent, probably by  far the youngest central defensive partnership seen in Lowland League ( I know it is an EOS competition).

Over the piece both teams might have scored another couple of goals, including a fair shout for hand ball pen for Spartans. EK took the lead with a very well worked goal from the ever more impressive Craig Malcolm. More clinical finishing early in second half would have put game to bed.  

Final positive was playing out " Fergie Time" and breaking  the mould on very late scores by Spartans. Not on our shift.

6 hours ago, ekok said:

Some real positives for EK tonight. Obviously the result, securing more games before season ends and a return to action after the best the Beast could throw at us. Performance of young Edin Lynch, only 17 and further evidence that Billy Stark  trusts the emerging players from Club Pathway. Along with the vastly experienced young  Craig Howie, another Pathway talent, probably by  far the youngest central defensive partnership seen in Lowland League ( I know it is an EOS competition).

Over the piece both teams might have scored another couple of goals, including a fair shout for hand ball pen for Spartans. EK took the lead with a very well worked goal from the ever more impressive Craig Malcolm. More clinical finishing early in second half would have put game to bed.  

Final positive was playing out " Fergie Time" and breaking  the mould on very late scores by Spartans. Not on our shift.

Not sure you can claim Edin Lynch as a pathway talent :). I saw him play for Thistle pro youth a couple of times before they released him. Hope he does ok for you.

49 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

He has played with the 18’s and 20’s development teams before making his first team debut last night hence the pathway comment.

:) Apologies, I was being a tad flippant. I saw him a couple of times for Thistle, and wasn’t sure where he had ended up.

Archived