• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Anyone backing anything that isnt Order Of St George in the gold cup?

Not backed anything but if I was going against the favourite it would have to be with Big Orange or Simple Verse. Definitely get a decent run for your money with Big Orange I'd say.

14 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Anyone backing anything that isnt Order Of St George in the gold cup?

Harbour Law and a nibble on Prince Of Arran. That's two you can all strike off your lists 8)

Big Orange just doesn't let anything pass him does he?! An absolute battler.

I always overlook him. Always think age will start to show and he's obviously been beat before. But he really is an absolute beast. 

I like Tricorn in the next. 5 places so each way obviously. Wasn't gonna bet other than Mori but I stuck a fiver in the account for the last two just for the hell of it.

Was really looking forward to my favourite flat horse Solow making one last appearance at Ascot. Never sad to hear about a horse retiring healthily but I've not really got a stand out favourite in flat racing atm. That's where the jumps has the edge, when you like a horse you can get a good 5-6 years or so watching them again and again.

Aye there's plenty I like. Frankel is my favourite ever and Sea The Stars will always have a place in my heart but Solow is the only one in the last 2-3 years I'd consider myself a 'supporter' of.

The fact I had a fair bit on him to beat Gleneagles 2 years ago at Ascot may have a little to do with it mind. You always like the ones who give you a big win eh? No idea why!

Bless Him sneaking in at the bottom of the weights...

Afaak didn't run too badly but the far side of the field certainly seemed to hold an advantage.

I was on Mister Manduro so moved his stake onto Homesman.

Turns out I had 2 (EW) on Big Orange and he's part of an (EW) treble with Mutakayyef and just waiting on Dancing Star to place in the Diamond Jubilee.

Archived