SNP to Cut Air Passenger Tax

Lex

26 minutes ago, FlyerTon said:

With this proposed cut in air passenger taxes in Scotland, it's a pity they didn't go ahead with the Glasgow Airport Rail Link.  It would have been in operation in 2013 but was cancelled in 2009, despite the Scottish Parliament voting for it to go ahead.  About £30m of public money has been spent on it.

Now it appears they are going ahead with some kind of a link after all, but a slower tram system in Paisley, and it could be 2025 before that's in operation. Only decent rail link we have is Prestwick and hardly any flights go out of there now.  Public bail out loans to Prestwick Airport could be £40m by next year.

Nobody cares about you and your beloved, failed Labour party's shan monorail project. 

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Given that the Brexit negotiations are being handled by some of the most clueless and deluded fuckwits ever to reach the level of the Cabinet, I wouldn't rule anything out. These people are the same ones who were saying a few weeks ago "no deal is better than a bad deal".

No deal means stuff like visas and in that eventuality having to apply and pay for a Schengen zone visa will be the least of most folk's worries.

One definite is that if we're going to demand work visas from EU citizens they're going to do the same to us. 

Pretty good policy. It's refreshing to know that our SNP government aren't far left "tax all deh rich" type loonies and are committed to building a society that is both pro-business AND socially democratic. The two are certainly not mutually exclusive.

Besides, any policy that turn the Green Party into tear stained seething messes is surely a good policy.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Buses are shite.

Not at all.  I get the express bus from Glasgow to Ayr every evening.  It's as soporific as f**k and a largely pleasant commute.

Is this to compensate for the £2 charge for picking up and dropping off at Glasgow airport

Just picked the wife up from Glasgow airport,and as it has all changed since the last time we were there,I went over the 10 mins by a minute or 2 because she was standing in the wrong place.£ 4 it cost me, thieving bassa's [emoji57]

2 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Just picked the wife up from Glasgow airport,and as it has all changed since the last time we were there,I went over the 10 mins by a minute or 2 because she was standing in the wrong place.£ 4 it cost me, thieving bassa's emoji57.png

I agree auld reekie costs a £1 and the green hollow costs £2 maybe they have the capital city mixed up

Got the Glasgow airport bus 2 weeks ago and the timing was pretty good. Very quick to Queen Street and didn't have to wait on a bus arriving at the airport.

Wasn't impressed with the £15 for the 2 of us though. :thumbsdown

On 6/21/2017 at 13:00, Fide said:

Not at all.  I get the express bus from Glasgow to Ayr every evening.  It's as soporific as f**k and a largely pleasant commute.

Incorrect on all counts: buses are unquestionably shite. 

15 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Got the Glasgow airport bus 2 weeks ago and the timing was pretty good. Very quick to Queen Street and didn't have to wait on a bus arriving at the airport.

Wasn't impressed with the £15 for the 2 of us though. :thumbsdown

Get a train ticket to 'Glasgow Airport' (getting off at Paisley Gilmour Street) and the local bus route to the airport is free. 

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

Incorrect on all counts: buses are unquestionably shite. 

I can understand that's your viewpoint.  As a resident of Inverclyde you need to put up with the shite that is McGills.

This is the puppy I get.  Soporific and pleasant.

Image result for stagecoach x77

Archived