Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it was some senior players who hadn't signed their contracts. Purely an administrative error, nothing more nothing less. Club secretary is such an important role, Buffs struggling to get the vacancy filled.

Went to my first game in awhile and wasn't overly impressed with the Buffs today albeit got the job done.

Thought they weren't great defensively and surprised the likes of Morris was on the bench.Seen him over the years and always an exceptional performer... didn't really know the other subs so difficult to comment if any other quality defenders.

51 minutes ago, jinky said:

Went to my first game in awhile and wasn't overly impressed with the Buffs today albeit got the job done.

Thought they weren't great defensively and surprised the likes of Morris was on the bench.Seen him over the years and always an exceptional performer... didn't really know the other subs so difficult to comment if any other quality defenders.

TBH Morris has not had a great start to the season

That's surprising as followed EKFC for couple of seasons and he was probably their most consistent performer and exceptionally fit...think he even picked up Player of the Year award.

Just found it bizarre he was warming the bench...sure he will be back in team soon.

Looking forward to today's game, cracking day for it. If Buffs can keep there discipline in check they have a great chance with all the pressure on Pollok. Will be interesting to see if Strain goes with the same team as last week or if Frye comes in for Wardrope.

22 minutes ago, jinky said:

Another sign that team selection is at an embryonic stage...several players in mid-field and defence not performing and lost to a very average Pollok today.

Average pollok team. Apart from 10 minutes in the first half your team were not even in it. How you won your first two games is beyond me. Even At average you were worse. So called big named players in your squad that looked lost 

Agree that Buffs performance was below par and think they need to get stability throughout the spine of the team...centre back selection is crucial as is middle of the park and these guys should be first pick because of their ability,reliability and consistency.Todate,these selections have been questionable and Mgt Team need to think long and hard about who has the football intelligence to perform week in and week out!!

Have to disagree with some of the above comments. Thought the game was very even. Having seen Kilwinning against Beith, Cumnock, Clydebank and Pollok there is nothing between the teams and judging by the results so far no one is going to run away with the league. Thought Adam Strain was terrible for Pollok's second goal, he has to get himself across and save it. Kilwinning also missed McGuinnes badly, again Michael Wardrope struggled. Thought the ref had a good game, let the game flow and allowed the players to tackle hard and fair.

1 hour ago, southsidebrazilians said:

Average pollok team. Apart from 10 minutes in the first half your team were not even in it. How you won your first two games is beyond me. Even At average you were worse. So called big named players in your squad that looked lost 

Watched a different game from me today, Pollok seem to think big is better not much football about them, Kilwinning created more chances and had more shots on goal,  best player on the park today Monti,  Kilwinning seemed lacklustre in midfield, McGuiness was on holiday so I was told,buffs really missed him and a CH,  think they're still looking, mainstay usually Maitland at the back had a nightmare of a game, and discipline is still a problem, but work in progress, Pollok were due a bit of fortune according to my fellow unbiased spectators on the north side of the ground.Good £3 watch.

Watched a different game from me today, Pollok seem to think big is better not much football about them, Kilwinning created more chances and had more shots on goal,  best player on the park today Monti,  Kilwinning seemed lacklustre in midfield, McGuiness was on holiday so I was told,buffs really missed him and a CH,  think they're still looking, mainstay usually Maitland at the back had a nightmare of a game, and discipline is still a problem, but work in progress, Pollok were due a bit of fortune according to my fellow unbiased spectators on the north side of the ground.Good £3 watch.

If be playing football means 40 yard punts up the park going to get knock downs or free kicks, then yes Kilwinning played the best football.

Don't recall Either keeper having many saves to make, so in the end it came down to finishing, and Mcluskey took his chances while Monti scored one and needs to replace 6 balls for his other efforts.

Archived