Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

Defence looked much better today with Latta and Pettigrew. Whyte also excellent at centre half. However Rob Roy are good well organised side and even when reduced to ten men second half they  limited the Buffs to very few chances. Boylan who set up Nisbett twice in first half and then won penalty which won match went off injured and Buffs missed him badly. Great three points best defensive display of season.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although Buffs one the match today their game plan was totally one dimensional i.e. route one from back to front and not pretty to watch!!

When Boylan went off and that game plan had to change Rob Roy were by far the better team and were very unlucky not to get a result.

Although Buffs one the match today their game plan was totally one dimensional i.e. route one from back to front and not pretty to watch!!
When Boylan went off and that game plan had to change Rob Roy were by far the better team and were very unlucky not to get a result.

Surprised at that with McGuinness in the side . A more cultured midfielder in the juniors ive yet to see

Have to disagree with you here Kilwinning should have been 3 up in the first half. They did take there foot off the gas in the second half which could have been costly. Disagree that Roy Roy were by far the better team but Football is all about opinions. Overall if both clubs took their chances Kilwinning would have shaded it.

Surprised at that with McGuinness in the side . A more cultured midfielder in the juniors ive yet to see

The problem was he had nobody to pass it forward to. Despite having a man advantage the Buffs continued with a back four and two holding midfielders (McGuiness and Frye) and this resulted in Monti having to do all the chasing up front with Winters dropping deep just to get a touch of the ball. This just invited KRR to attack.

You wouldn't know who had more men by watching the second half. A draw would have been fair. Still it's 3 points that we'll take.

1 hour ago, jinky said:

So we won the game but you are not happy cause they did not play a nice, pretty passing game. Last time I checked it's all about getting 3 points. You don't get prizes by playing nice football and there were plenty of times last season when Kilwinning played nice football and got beat. I have saw Kilwinning every game this season bar the last 2 and the only team I saw who played good football was Clydebank but guess what they got beat and will do well not to finish in the bottom 2.

Ah well that's where we all differ...was totally bored in the first half with that style of football...would rather go shopping with the wife than watch that stuff.

Buffs midfield were totally redundant and could have gone for a pint or two as weren't needed.

Yes,of course it's about 3 points but won't get me back paying £6 to watch that nonsense.

Ah well that's where we all differ...was totally bored in the first half with that style of football...would rather go shopping with the wife than watch that stuff.

Buffs midfield were totally redundant and could have gone for a pint or two as weren't needed.

Yes,of course it's about 3 points but won't get me back paying £6 to watch that nonsense.

Well Jinky Buoy you save yourself £6 and go shopping with your wife as you obviously haven’t been to many games this season. Where we have been the better team but lost by a single goal today wasn’t the greatest performance but 3 pts is all that counts and if your not happy with that for £6 then see you later auld pal.

12 hours ago, jinky said:

Happy shopping Jinky.

14 hours ago, jinky said:

Tight git! Shopping's obviously more your thing.

18 hours ago, jinky said:

The Bargain Basement forum for this p***

No intention of shopping with my wife on Saturdays -:) -:)......but really thought the Buffs had moved on from that style of footy!!...was taught to play that way at 8 yrs of age when playing for the school team that the Janitor managed -:)...surely with one of the best squads in the league the Buffs can find a more entertaining way to beat the opposition otherwise all you need is the local Janitor to take the team -:)

No intention of shopping with my wife on Saturdays -:) -:)......but really thought the Buffs had moved on from that style of footy!!...was taught to play that way at 8 yrs of age when playing for the school team that the Janitor managed -:)...surely with one of the best squads in the league the Buffs can find a more entertaining way to beat the opposition otherwise all you need is the local Janitor to take the team -:)

Jinky how many games have you attended this season. I would guess that Saturday was your first as I have been impressed with our standard of Football this season from what I have seen. My only slight criticism is that we need to take more of the chances we create.

Archived