Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

Baffling tactics and personnel selections today by Buffs.

Whyte thrown up front after only half an hour. Then when change was needed, wrong move! rather than put Whyte back and take Coleman off(who'd already been booked).

Monti's worst game for Buffs. Wardrope showed his age sadly.

Let's put it down to an off day for all concerned.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to say as well that referee was shocking for both teams. Every time he blew for a foul it was a booking. God help us if that is the standard of ref coming through, no talking to players or telling them to calm down. First half Nisbett looked onside hopefully Fitba Shorts can clear it up but I doubt it.

As a neutral watching the game today I'd say Meadow were worthy winners in what was a superb game. Probably should have scored another couple after going ahead if anything. Tremendous entertainment for the money and superb commitment from both teams. Excellent crowd with a great Meadow travelling support. As always with the juniors it revives my faith in football in Scotland. Really should go more often.

Nisbets goal was definitely onside, however overall I don’t think it would of made a difference, they seemed up for it more than the Buffs. Like most folk, baffled by the Buffs tactics today. Buffs seem to feel the pressure a bit more playing at home.

Nisbets goal was definitely onside, however overall I don’t think it would of made a difference, they seemed up for it more than the Buffs. Like most folk, baffled by the Buffs tactics today. Buffs seem to feel the pressure a bit more playing at home.

I thought he was onside too to be honest. Seen him running by our CB. Looked a poor decision from the linesman.

Just now, .Stuart. said:

I thought he was onside too to be honest. Seen him running by our CB. Looked a poor decision from the linesman.

yip 100% onside Imo and I was standing with the Meadda support who were pretty much agreed. That said I don't think it was decisive overall . Ref did well for a young chap, bookings kept it in check and prevented the sending offs that spoil many a junior game.

A lot of silly wee fouls but that’s modern football nowadays. Game flowed ok especially the second half. Didn’t think the game was particularly dirty.

Was great to see Meadow fighting for each other, though. Something that was lacking before Brian’s appointment. Hopefully we can take this form into the league and start climbing the table.

3 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

What's the background to this tweet from the Chairman?
"Today was a sore day for everyone involved at the Buffs, I'll make it my duty that we never find ourselves in that position ever again"

It's only a game of Football ffs, Take it on the chin and move on :wacko:

How can the management say his players weren't up for the game when they weren't up for the game by making radical changes to the team playing players out of position playing without a recognised left back plz don't blame the players ..

7 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

What's the background to this tweet from the Chairman?
"Today was a sore day for everyone involved at the Buffs, I'll make it my duty that we never find ourselves in that position ever again"

Bit of a crass comment. Teams have off days , other teams play better , that's fitba.  Never again means that if it does happen again and you don't act , people won't trust what you say in the future. Settle down sir.

On 11/11/2017 at 17:41, Louis Mooie said:

Forgot to say as well that referee was shocking for both teams. Every time he blew for a foul it was a booking. God help us if that is the standard of ref coming through, no talking to players or telling them to calm down. First half Nisbett looked onside hopefully Fitba Shorts can clear it up but I doubt it.

Fair play to Fitba Shorts for conforming that Nisbett was onside, that decision summed up the performance of the match officials.

Archived