League Predictions

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:20, Dunning1874 said:

Livingston. Alexander's a great signing, and Gallagher's a solid centre back but they're short on quality otherwise. They have some competent players aside from those two, but no more than competent and they seem to be pinning all their attacking hopes on Danny Mullen. Yes, it's possible that he does progress and take his League One form onto this level, but we've seen plenty of players run riot in League One then fail in the Championship. He could well hit double figures but it's far from a sure thing. If they stay up they should be happy and it would be a big surprise if they manage to be closer to 4th than 9th.

Think we're more so pinning our hopes on our defence + GK to win us points in the way Buchanan did last season. We're after Andy Ryan as well but that's the same as the point you'd made. Gallagher is good, tested at this level as well. He's been teaching Halkett well, who was already very good at this level two years ago so defensively I'd say we're pretty strong.

We're built around a strong fast midfield, chasing every ball. It's the most I've seen a Livi team ever run with Pittman, Byrne and Jacobs all in the centre constantly battling for everything.

Us going through in the cup has apparently opened up the funds for one or two more signings which the rumours have been Jesus Garcia Tena (CB who was at us then Hamilton) and Andy Ryan who ran riot in a below par Airdrie team but that was League 1.

Any Livi fan would take survival right now but quite a lot of us are quietly confident of challenging for the playoffs

13 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Let's see your prediction.

It's time to put up or shut up DAFC. I wanna know what you think the loopholes are

I already have. There is no chance we are going to have a worse season than 16-17 i.e. finishing below 5th place.

On 01/08/2017 at 23:11, Im_Rodger said:

I know it's not surprising Accies would shag any team in this league. Just hope everyone in this sewer of a league knows who their superiors are.

We outplayed you over two games and you needed to cheat to win.

Just now, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Charity bet then?

More than happy to do that. 20 to whatever charity you wish if we finish 6th or below. I occasionally organise charity doo's in the work for St. Andrew's Hospice, they're my preference :)

15 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Arabs

Bairns

Saints 

Dunfermline 

ICT

Morton 

Livi

Queens

Dumbarton 

Brechin

For now I think I agree with that. 3-6 interchangeable.

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

For now I think I agree with that. 3-6 interchangeable.

Yeah. Depends what mood I'm in, and I really can't make my mind up what I think about ICT. I think your first team is good but your squad is shallow (same for ours, tbf) so injuries could play a big part.

At least we've both taken the strategic decision to not bother with the League Cup any more this season.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Could this end up being the shock top 4 that no one could have predicted before the season started?

Dundee Utd

Dunfermline

Morton

Livi

Pars and Morton wouldn't be a shock, but Livvy would be.

Can see the top 4 changing all the time. Most of the teams are quite evenly matched. Wouldn't surprise me to see everyone bar Brechin and Dumbarton have a stint in the top 4 at some point.

If a team can get a run of 5/6 wins in a row, it will make a massive difference this season.

15 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Could this end up being the shock top 4 that no one could have predicted before the season started?

Dundee Utd

Dunfermline

Morton

Livi

Buzzfeed for this utter, utter pish.

4 hours ago, madton said:

Pars and Morton wouldn't be a shock, but Livvy would be.

Can see the top 4 changing all the time. Most of the teams are quite evenly matched. Wouldn't surprise me to see everyone bar Brechin and Dumbarton have a stint in the top 4 at some point.

If a team can get a run of 5/6 wins in a row, it will make a massive difference this season.

Hmmmph :thumbsdown ha ha ...Nay faith 

• 1 month later...

Still hard to predict who will eventually be champions in a league where we all seem capable of beating each other. Still think the league has to settle down a bit, but early indications the current top 4 four won't be far away come the end of the season.  Won't rule out Queens or Livi in that either for at least the playoff's.

Brechin already struggling at the bottom and I really don't see that changing. 

ICT 2 points and Falkirk 1 point better off than bottom Brechin is a bit of a surprise no matter how early it is in the season.  Early  season favourites Falkirk would need to claw back 10 points on Dunfermline already to top the league

Will be very interesting to see where we all are after the first 1/4 of league games are played.

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:47, madton said:

Pars and Morton wouldn't be a shock, but Livi would be.

Maybe pre season but don't see that being the case now, we've beaten Morton twice and competed well with everyone else we've played, I think we've just as much chance  as Morton anyway.  I think there are 6 teams with a chance of top 4, and Falkirk  could still get their act together and make a challenge, long way to go yet.

Archived