League Predictions

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bite gate was fucking fantastic. Genuinely enjoyed that.

Eta that and Hippos penalty at EEP were easily the best incidents of our season.

Last season was our least eventful for many years. The previous seasons had gone..

16-17 Mid table obscurity
15-16 Title win
14-15 Finish 7th in Seaside League
13-14 Get pumped in playoffs by Cowdenbeath to stay in Seaside League
12-13 Admin and relegation at the hands of some part timers
11-12 Relegation
10-11 Title win

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Bite gate was fucking fantastic. Genuinely enjoyed that.

Eta that and Hippos penalty at EEP were easily the best incidents of our season.

Bite-gate wins it for me, purely because it was Div who started the whole thing and made a complete tit of himself :lol:

4 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

For what it's worth, the average prediction on here, after 49 predictions, is:

Dundee United

Falkirk

St Mirren

ICT

Dunfermline

Morton

Queens

Livi

Dumbarton

Brechin

I applaud the effort there. 

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Somewhere in the middle is fine. Dont want every thread to be a fight but maybe four or five absolute bombscare threads across the season would be fine. We are guaranteed 4 against you lot so thats a pretty assured start.

We might actually be looking at about 16-20

If you're going to have a meltdown every single time someone posts a picture then it's highly likely that every Falkirk thread will descend into a fight.

The picture could be put in spoilers to avoid upsetting the permanently-offended, Falkirk mope any further. Like this:  

Spoiler

1501103559321.jpg.46c5283514d89da30379e19883314fa2.jpg

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hopefully. But since you usually talk about the football I guess you have nothing to worry about. You do have some unfortunate bedfellows though.

1501103559321.jpg.46c5283514d89da30379e19883314fa2.jpg

Nah, that's much better. 

Can see Falkirk and Utd pulling away making it a 2 horse race, ICT are a bit unknown but have solid players in that squad, can Morton pull off another good season with maybe a bit more pressure on them now? Fans will be expecting the same if not better.

Queens have Dobbie, if the rest can raise their game they have an outside shot at the play offs. Dunfermline should be top half, Livi have had a good start to the season.

Problem for Saints is we have lost Mallan and the boy that was going to replace him in the middle is injured, Maggenis was outstanding for us last season, the player brought in to play on the right to replace Maggenis is injured too. Defensively we look really weak and haven't looked too good going forward either. 

Jack Ross doesn't know his best formation yet, his best line up yet but hopefully we'll see a couple of good signings come in before the end of the window. Our only marquee signings just now have been Cammy Smith and Gary MacKenzie.

It will be another tough season in this hell hole of a division.

We're not looking too great so far, but should have actual, first-choice centre-backs available in the league campaign, which we've badly missed in the cup. Even with that and having more attacking options I'd judge us as currently weaker than last season, as we simply haven't replaced Jamie Lindsay in the middle of the park. We probably have two loan signings left but they'll need to make an impact to take us toward a clear 3rd place. A midtable shanfest looks to be our best chance of getting a play-off spot again; which concludes the preview of my league prediction.

Would rather have them supporting my club than the below1415990008125_Image_galleryImage_ANGUS_SINCLAIR_SERIAL_SEX.JPG.e9376d8860ff127637b66058b33d5c6e.JPG

ruth1-559580.jpg.ed5af6a900d44b27952aa5369f5bb8f4.jpg

Surely Sinclair is a Falkirk fan, the prison guards pinned him down and put that on him knowing it would break him. Think there was a small wager on it too.

...as for Ruth she's just a masochist, obviously. "You're going into politics Ruth, which party?". Ruth, "well, I chose the Pars as my fitba team as I love struggling with a support that was once much bigger in Scotland, and being caught cheating as well as suffering many a defeat ....so Tory it is".

If Dundee Utd cant get out of this league this season then they could be here for a while. As for Queens going by what i,ve seen so far this is going to be a long season.Falfirk and ICT will be thereabouts at the other end Queens Dumbarton and Brechin will be scrapping it out.

Dunfermline seem to be shaping up

ICT are still unknown to me so can't really comment, but you would imagine they would still be in or near top 4 spot.

Livi will be a surprise package 

Still a way to go but so far St Mirren haven't impressed so far with their signings. 

Take Dobbie out the equation and Queens look very ordinary

Falkirk have started the season strongly. If they can retain Sibbald then Dun Utd could have a real fight for top spot

Can't see anything other than bottom place for Brechin I'm afraid with Dumbarton in the play off spot. 

Morton have horrendous injuries in defence at the moment and if that affects our start to the season it could be the difference between us getting a play off spot or not..

Archived