League Predictions

30 minutes ago, Trump said:

United to win the league now with McDonald and Keatings up front.

Not saying that Utd won't win it and they'll be favourites anyway however, McDonald's nearly 34 now and I think (hope) that his best years are behind him. Given a choice of McDonald and Keatings or Loy and Austin, I'd go with the latter.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not saying that Utd won't win it and they'll be favourites anyway however, McDonald's nearly 34 now and I think (hope) that his best years are behind him. Given a choice of McDonald and Keatings or Loy and Austin, I'd go with the latter.

:lol:

Aye, so you would. :lol:

Scott McDonald and James Keatings will be a better front 2 than about 4-5 teams in the top league have.

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

:lol:

Aye, so you would. :lol:

Scott McDonald and James Keatings will be a better front 2 than about 4-5 teams in the top league have.

I most definitely would. May not work out that we'll have the better pairing but, at this moment in time, I wouldn't swap them.

Meant to say to that Keatings scored 8 in 30, McDonald 11 in 40, Austin 7 in 23 (his season didn't really start until February due to injury) and Loy 11 in 34 so our two have a better goals to games ratio.

[emoji38]

Aye, so you would. [emoji38]

Not a chance I would swap. Loy and Austin are already developing a great partnership.

I can't believe loads are writing us off already, we are good enough for at least the play offs and, despite Sat, can beat anybody on our day plus cup games mean nothing especially with our new guys needing to gel.

So for me, its a 3 horse race for title (us, Utd and Falkirk) with St M also in the mix but maybe fading away near end of season.

Can't see Morton having as good a season as last so 5th or 6th for them.

Loy's a Dundee reject, Austin looked gash in the play offs and only young.

McDonald proven striker in the premiership, Keatings proven goal scorer in this league.

I Know what I would pick

Loy's a Dundee reject, Austin looked gash in the play offs and only young.

McDonald proven striker in the premiership, Keatings proven goal scorer in this league.

I Know what I would pick

Austin had the second best goals per minute ratio in the league last season, behind Cummings. Don't really care what Loy did at Dundee, he's proven at this level over a number of years and has looked excellent so far for us again.

Keatings is a great striker at this level, gives you a bit of everything, and MacDonald dropping down should do well too, he'll see games out when you're a goal up or will dive to win you a penalty.

Both are really good partnerships at this level but I prefer ours. Think they'll complement each other moreso than the United two and Austin is easily the most athletic of the four which gives us a different dimension.

Archived