League Predictions

Bit harsh. He only played a couple of games around December time, set up a goal at East End Park? He only turns 18 next week. I reckon he'll do well this season

It was more as a reply to someone saying that he'll be better than Leahy.

Gavin Reilly scored a goal last season (probably) he was still pish.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Gallagher improved significantly for Falkirk? He was absolutely gash when he played last season.

I do recollect he played poorly in one of the games in Greenock and was at least part responsible for one of the goals.

However he did look quite impressive on Saturday.

I guess with younger players you do get a higher level of inconsistency. However he's definitely heading in the right direction performance wise, and I am hopeful that he'll be at Leahy standard at least this season.

53 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think he will be better than Leahy who I believe will be  big miss for us. Unfair to expect a 17/18 year old to perform consistently throughout the season despite him being an excellent prospect. We don't have any adequate back up for him either!

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

24 year olds can be mediocre.

Horses for courses. Forbes was mediocre at best for Dunfermline I believe.

McKee has looked very good for us so far but I think he may be a bit injury prone? He limped off the other night for example. Time will tell on that one I suppose.

Re McHugh; I think you have a good, honest player there who will give his best whenever he gets the chance. He's not as good as Loy though.

8 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

I think Utd look stronger on paper than last season to be honest. Loy, Austin, McKee & Harris have all strengthened their respective positions. The first 2 are self explanatory when compared to Baird and mchugh, McKee will be better than Kerr who is another season older and Harris looks better than Aird. Gallacher is a great replacement for Leahy so only the imminent loss of Sibbald can be seen a weakening the team I think as we won't be able to bring in someone at his level. Quite happy with our squad so far.

That's the thing, they do look stronger - on paper!

Looking at their signings however I think Scobbie's the only one who could be called 'solid'. You know what you're going to get with him. The new striker could be brilliant or pish, same with the dutch midfielder. McMullan, King and Keatings are all the type of player who, in the right team, could make a real difference but could just as easily disappear in games. Hopefully it'll be the latter!

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

That's the thing, they do look stronger - on paper!

Looking at their signings however I think Scobbie's the only one who could be called 'solid'. You know what you're going to get with him. The new striker could be brilliant or pish, same with the dutch midfielder. McMullan, King and Keatings are all the type of player who, in the right team, could make a real difference but could just as easily disappear in games. Hopefully it'll be the latter!

They're not the kind of players that would see us into the top half of the Premiership but I think they're solid Championship material.

And when I say 'think', I mean 'hope'.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Diddums......

29 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McKee has looked very good for us so far but I think he may be a bit injury prone? He limped off the other night for example. Time will tell on that one I suppose.

Re McHugh; I think you have a good, honest player there who will give his best whenever he gets the chance. He's not as good as Loy though.

My fear is the injury records of both McKee and Taiwo, both players seem to have knock(s) throughout a season, the centre of the defence too as Saturday showed again we can lose silly goals through the centre, tho didn't cost us this time.

I'm still haunted by McHugh's invisible man 30+ mins appearance v Utd in the last game, a 58yr old Stainrod would've made more of an impact.

I'd have turned into Shadwell 2 if we re-signed McHugh, goals against Elgin and one championship relegated team and another nearly relegated team, tells its own story where he is.

5 hours ago, Scosha said:

The difference being none of us are saying/expecting McHugh to definitely make a significant impact on the outcome of our season, whilst Falkirk fans are pinning their hopes on McKee unless Sibbald re signs.

Well that's just wrong now isn't it ? McKee is not sibbalds replacement and he is also not a player any Falkirk fan has 'pinned their hopes on' do carry on with whatever nonsense suits you though. If McKee gets injured id have craigen in there, or maybe have craigen start before McKee in there depending on who is playing better.

I'm sticking with ICT. Robbo seems to be very relaxed, has a more creative signing policy than the regulars and has the geographical advantage of it being a long trek for away teams. Pars players loved a moan about a long bus journey in the seaside leagues. Falkirk and United might get caught cold, having been focused on rounding up Champioship jobbers like McMullan and Loy. 

'Championship jobbers'

Yet Inverness sign Clarence Seedorf's nephew [emoji848]

12 hours ago, MrDust said:

Diddums......

My fear is the injury records of both McKee and Taiwo, both players seem to have knock(s) throughout a season, the centre of the defence too as Saturday showed again we can lose silly goals through the centre, tho didn't cost us this time.

I'm still haunted by McHugh's invisible man 30+ mins appearance v Utd in the last game, a 58yr old Stainrod would've made more of an impact.

I'd have turned into Shadwell 2 if we re-signed McHugh, goals against Elgin and one championship relegated team and another nearly relegated team, tells its own story where he is.

Don't lie. 

Have any Falkirk fans not tipped Falkirk to win the league? From scanning the thread, a Brechin fan and Coventry Saint (who is clearly hooked up to a can of nitrous oxide most of the time) are the only non-Falkirk fans saying Falkirk will win the league. 

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Have any Falkirk fans not tipped Falkirk to win the league? From scanning the thread, a Brechin fan and Coventry Saint (who is clearly hooked up to a can of nitrous oxide most of the time) are the only non-Falkirk fans saying Falkirk will win the league. 

Clearly :lol:

Have you not seen the negativity of some of the Falkirk supporting posters on our thread?

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Have you not seen the negativity of some of the Falkirk supporting posters on our thread?

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

You have your own thread? Where do you find the time? It was also a comment relating to this thread alone. I am aware there may be a wider world out there.

What? :lol: 

Shadwell is the only negative poster over there.

Well I can only assume it's blindness or short memory (common in East Edinburgh) if you have not noticed at least three others. Some I have had recent debates with.

Incidentally, you know you'd be a better poster without the emoji?[emoji16]

You have your own thread? Where do you find the time? It was also a comment relating to this thread alone. I am aware there may be a wider world out there.

Don't worry, I always find time to laugh at the drivel on your thread.

Archived