League Predictions

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are, much worse.
Eagerly awaiting the "we never expected to seriously challenge the established sides in this division" posts come winter as Livi suffer yet another abject defeat.

Declan Gallagher is by all accounts one of the best centre halves in the league, and I think we have a few exciting good young players. We'll likely lose more than we win but you have no idea what you're ranting about.

Where did yous finish last season?

So Dale Carrick, who was so successful he managed a grand total of 3 goals in 14 games in League One and was loaned out to Cowdenbeath in January, is going to fire Livingston into the top four of the Championship? No bother.

Hahaha I can't believe what I'm reading, I hope it's trolling but it doesn't look like it.

Someone needs put back in their box, and fortunately we have that opportunity first game of the season.

18 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

So Dale Carrick, who was so successful he managed a grand total of 3 goals in 14 games in League One and was loaned out to Cowdenbeath in January, is going to fire Livingston into the top four of the Championship? No bother.

Don't forget those 2 Premiership quality centre backs they have who conceded 32 times against part timers last season.

51 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Declan Gallagher is by all accounts one of the best centre halves in the league, and I think we have a few exciting good young players. We'll likely lose more than we win but you have no idea what you're ranting about.

Where did yous finish last season?

:lol::lol:

I seriously hope you're on the wind-up.

Here's a list of centre-halves in this division who are better than Declan Gallagher:

Gary McKenzie

Darren Brownlie

Craig Barr

Gary Warren

Tom O'Ware

Peter Grant

Aaron Muirhead

Callum Fordyce

Calum Morris

Brad McKay

Lee Ashcroft

Mark Durnan

Tam Scobbie

Gregor Buchanan

Jan-Yves Mvoto

William Edjenguele

Lewis Martin

OK, my head over heart prediction:

Falkirk
DUFC (P)
ICT
Morton
St Mirren
Dunfermline
QotS
Dumbarton
Livingston
Brechin

If we pull a genuinely awesome striker signing out the bag, I could be tempted to adjust us up to 3rd, but as it stands, we're starting the first game of the season with Gavin Reilly up front. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and Jack Ross clearly sees something there, but I'm worried.

As for the rest: I think Falkirk will go one better this season. Morton have done solid business and I think that will sum them up this season: solid, if unspectacular, and I think they'll narrowly pip us to 4th place, possibly by the odd point. Arabs and Thistle will just have enough strength in depth to secure comfortable play-off spaces, but neither will go up.

Sorry, Brechin, but I think you'll struggle, and won't be able to moneybags your way out of trouble like we did :rolleyes:

I've gone for QotS and Dumbarton to escape the playoff cos they're good guys and I like them (undermining my head over heart claim).

Oh, and Dunfermline in 6th because I typed the league out and only had nine teams, and had to check who the 10th was. 6th place, then.

:lol::lol:
I seriously hope you're on the wind-up.
Here's a list of centre-halves in this division who are better than Declan Gallagher:
Gary McKenzie
Darren Brownlie
Craig Barr
Gary Warren
Tom O'Ware
Peter Grant
Aaron Muirhead
Callum Fordyce
Calum Morris
Brad McKay
Lee Ashcroft
Mark Durnan
Tam Scobbie
Gregor Buchanan
Jan-Yves Mvoto
William Edjenguele
Lewis Martin

Got to Craig Barr and realised that you're at it. Gallagher will be a contender for league POTY.

He's spent a career cigaring this league, and this campaign will be no different. Without his previous issues he'd be playing in the English champ by now.

Halkett is also a great young defender, when both are fully fit we'll be a very difficult side to score against.

3 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

He's spent a career cigaring this league, and this campaign will be no different. Without his previous issues he'd be playing in the English champ by now.

Halkett is also a great young defender, when both are fully fit we'll be a very difficult side to score against.

Please stop...

26 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

You mean if he wasn't an awful human being who fractured someone's skull with a baseball bat?

31 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

A bit of promotion optimism there.   This league is far tougher than league 1.  There will be another nine teams all of whom will be harder to score against than any of the league 1 teams and you will get away with far fewer mistakes than last season.

3 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

He was proven innocent in a court of law. Doesn't detract from his fab footballing ability.

Really? I thought he got 3 years for a brutal assault and also had a failed appeal. Or, are we actually living in Airstrip One and you are Big Brother?

Archived