League Predictions

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Falkirk 6th :lol:

You laugh but there are really quite a few teams that could find themselves anywhere 1-6 and it wouldn't be that shocking IMO. 

Most squads are still a quite a ways from complete. There aren't any teams in his list incapable of finishing above mighty Falkirk.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

You laugh but there are really quite a few teams that could find themselves anywhere 1-6 and it wouldn't be that shocking IMO. 

Most squads are still a quite a ways from complete. There aren't any teams in his list incapable of finishing above mighty Falkirk.

Quite agree.

2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Falkirk 6th :lol:

Is it really that funny?

There will be 6/7 teams fighting out for 4 places and most teams will be much of a muchness.

I think DU will win it, but the rest of the teams will be really evenly matched so its hardly impossible for you lot to finish 6th.

Right now, I could see us finishing anywhere in the top 7, same with yourselves especially with the signings to date.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

1 hour ago, madton said:

Is it really that funny?

There will be 6/7 teams fighting out for 4 places and most teams will be much of a muchness.

I think DU will win it, but the rest of the teams will be really evenly matched so its hardly impossible for you lot to finish 6th.

Right now, I could see us finishing anywhere in the top 7, same with yourselves especially with the signings to date.

We've only finished outside the top 3 once since we've been down here (5th in a league containing Hearts, Hibs and Rangers), so I'd say 6th is a bit of a stretch. Not doubting that there are a number of teams with little/no difference in quality between them, but having finished 2nd two seasons running and retaining a decent chunk of our squad, I'd be extremely disappointed to finish outside the play-offs.

On 27 June 2017 at 14:26, GiGi said:

Can't disagree really. We aren't owed a single thing from this league

Pretty surprised at how low we are on a lot of these predictions, core of the same team that easily won League 1 with some good additions. Not sure if the likes of Dumbarton, QOS and Dunfermline pulled that far away from us in the season we won L1.

You won the most shan League One in living memory and stank the division out soon after your last pointless elevation to this level. Avoiding relegation and another administration will go down as a successful campaign in West Lothian. 

1498604879959.jpg.3ea617fe7cc9ad46b6597972b2eb9798.jpg

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Pretty surprised at how low we are on a lot of these predictions, core of the same team that easily won League 1 with some good additions. Not sure if the likes of Dumbarton, QOS and Dunfermline pulled that far away from us in the season we won L1.

Curious to know where you think you expect to finish?

Many have said you will stay up which is surely the main aim this season?

There is a big gulf from league 1 to Championship, especially now that Championship clubs have had more prize money the last few years as well as big games/crowds against, Rangers, Hibs etc so i would expect all full time clubs to have a much better budgets than you makng it difficult to compete with them.

You have also lost a guy who scored 27 goals for you last season and he will be hard to replace. The fact Buchanan went to Raith over you should surely ring alarm bells about the budget you have?  Who is going to score you goals to finish mid table?

Do you expect to finish ahead of Morton, Pars, St Mirren Queens etc.Tough ask in your first season back IMO. If you do, Hopkin will get all the plaudits.

Archived