League Predictions

To be fair, even though 90% of teams are full time, there's a noticeable gap in quality between the Championship and Premiership.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Sorry, but did someone say Nat Wedderburn is actually solid at this level? How is this possible

Once we got him whipped into shape he became a machine for us. He has a perfect role just flattening folk in midfield and playing simple passes to his minions. Only really struggled in a game against Falkirk (our worst performance of the season. Bit of a cult hero for repeatedly pulling off wee moves like this:

B01352D5-5535-46E8-BB4F-CD511682B331_zps

23 hours ago, GiGi said:

There's a formula to this. 

1. General media favourites

2. My team (can't put them top; that's biased)

3. Other media favourites 

4. Recently relegated, must be there or there abouts

5. Team with some players I've heard of

6. Team I know nothing about 

7. Team I know nothing about

8. Team I don't really like

9. Part time team

10. Shitter part time team

32 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Dundee Utd
Morton

ICT
St Mirren
Falkirk
Pars
QOS

Livi
Dumbarton 

Brechin

Nailed it.

Guest Back Post Misses

Really difficult to predict with so many squads not anything like near completed yet.

I can't pick a winner TBH. However at this stage I think top 3 will be

Dundee Utd, Falkirk and St.Mirren

Next 4

Dunfermline, ICT, Morton and Livingston

Bottom 3

QOS, Dumbarton and Brechin

The only place I think is almost certain in Brechin to go down, sorry guys

25 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

:lol: Feck off!

:P

Real talk, I think you'll win it. The rest of the top six is anyone's guess, from us, Morton, Arabs, ICT and Dunfermline. If we don't get goals (Loy, basically) then I fear we're on for 5th, behind the Ton, ICT and DUFC.

Another close league this year, I reckon, albeit not as tight at the bottom as we made it last season. Sorry Brechin.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

:P

Real talk, I think you'll win it. The rest of the top six is anyone's guess, from us, Morton, Arabs, ICT and Dunfermline. If we don't get goals (Loy, basically) then I fear we're on for 5th, behind the Ton, ICT and DUFC.

Another close league this year, I reckon, albeit not as tight at the bottom as we made it last season. Sorry Brechin.

As far as St Mirren are concerned I think a lot will depend on Ross being able to carry the end of season positivity forward and being able to get off to a good start. A few bad results early doors could see some doubts appear.

To be fair, even though 90% of teams are full time, there's a noticeable gap in quality between the Championship and Premiership.

I rather suspect there will be an even bigger gap between ICT and the Premiership next season.

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I rather suspect there will be an even bigger gap between ICT and the Premiership next season.

Interesting. I don't believe a team with Scottish Cup winners and perennial top 6ers will finish below part time teams over the course of 36 games.

To think that is the mark of a severe simpleton.

29 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

As far as St Mirren are concerned I think a lot will depend on Ross being able to carry the end of season positivity forward and being able to get off to a good start. A few bad results early doors could see some doubts appear.

I think that's reasonable. 

I just don't have enough faith in our forward line as it stands. In 2000 and 2006 we had phenomenal strikers. I'd like to see a marquee signing: really push the boat out for someone. 

Interesting. I don't believe a team with Scottish Cup winners and perennial top 6ers will finish below part time teams over the course of 36 games.
To think that is the mark of a severe simpleton.

Now your making things up...my point is you think there's a fair gap between the divisions. I don't believe it's that significant.

However as ICT are clearly in decline as you confirm above (no longer a perennial top 6 team or cup winners), I think you will be further away in standard from the Premiership at the end of this coming season.

I, of course, appreciate you need a few brain cells to understand that. [emoji16]

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Now your making things up...my point is you think there's a fair gap between the divisions. I don't believe it's that significant.

However as ICT are clearly in decline as you confirm above (no longer a perennial top 6 team or cup winners), I think you will be further away in standard from the Premiership at the end of this coming season.

I, of course, appreciate you need a few brain cells to understand that. emoji16.png

If that was what you were implying, then you worded it possibly the worst anything has ever been worded in the history of mankind.

If that was what you were implying, then you worded it possibly the worst anything has ever been worded in the history of mankind.

Ha ha, no, wording was not the issue....your inability to interpret it was.[emoji16]

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ha ha, no, wording was not the issue....your inability to interpret it was.emoji16.png

Wording most certainly was the issue. 

Archived