Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vardar Skopje thumped Malmö 3-1 at "home" in Strumica- their normal stadium is embargoed by UEFA until the Super Cup between Real Madrid and Man U is played there in August.

Decent result, that. The top clubs in Macedonia- Vardar, Shkendija, Rabotnichki, are improving steadily.

So it's all over in The New Saints with Rijeka going through comfortably 7-1 on aggregate.  Elsewhere FH (not going to try to spell it out) went through 2-0 on aaggregate thanks to 2 late goals, Qarabag and BATE Borisov also progress.

Guest DAVIDB69
So it's all over in The New Saints with Rijeka going through comfortably 7-1 on aggregate.  Elsewhere FH (not going to try to spell it out) went through 2-0 on aaggregate thanks to 2 late goals, Qarabag and BATE Borisov also progress.

We will have the new saints again in the iron bru cup but they are pretty dire

hugely deluded as well. The club hierarchy seem to think they are of the standard of a top English League One / lower half Championship side.

lower half of Conference National / top half of Conference North would be more accurate, I think.

53 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

hugely deluded as well. The club hierarchy seem to think they are of the standard of a top English League One / lower half Championship side.

lower half of Conference National / top half of Conference North would be more accurate, I think.

Considering their performance last year in the Irn-Bru cup, I would say probably top half of Scottish League One/Lower half Scottish Championship

There could be a couple of upsets on the cards tonight.  Zalgaris Vilnus are leading Ludogrets on aggregate, while Kukesi of Albania could knock out the higher ranked Sheriff Tiraspol, they are 2-1 up on aggregate.

On 18/07/2017 at 15:58, senorsoupe said:

Is that the team steven lennon scored for? Seen he grabbed a goal for someone

14 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Is that the team steven lennon scored for? Seen he grabbed a goal for someone

Which team are you referring to?  I'm not familiar with Steve Lennon

Either way the 3rd qualifying round ties are set with a few that could be quite good.  Nice vs. Ajax is one that pops out at me in the league route, while Partizan Belgrade vs. Olympiacos, and Hapoel Beer Sheva vs Ludogreds Razgrad could be good too.  

42 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Ex rangers youth from irvine, 29 now. Maybe only Scot in champions league aside from celtic? 

Probably, although Andy Robertson is on the verge of joining Liverpool

11 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Ex rangers youth from irvine, 

and Partick Thistle...plus Lincoln, Dundalk, Newport, Fram and Sandnes. You'll go far in the Scottish media.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived