Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

The draw for the 1st and 2nd qualifying rounds were made today. Celtic enter in the 2nd round and look more than likely to face Linfield of Northern Ireland. This years final is being held at the Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Kiev.

1st round draw

b8ac0c2a862eaa38a58ecfc7dbcaad90.jpg

2nd round draw

084bc89765e65e939640abafb6771208.jpg

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig allowed in the CL. No real shock there.

Leipzig are straight into the group stage and Salzburg will probably shit the bed and end up in the Europa League for the umpteenth time.

First round starts today, the only tie that goes tomorrow is the Linfield-La Fiorita tie.  I kinda like following the results of the early ties, get to keep an eye on random teams from random countries.  I'm curious to see how the team from Kosovo, Trepca'89 does.  It's the first ever game in European competition for a team from the Kosovo league so they have 0 coefficient points but teams from the Balkans can be tough.  

Gibraltar sides are actually proving reasonably handy in CL & EL to date. That was Europa's first-ever CL tie. Not translating to national team thusfar.

Nightmare for TNS though. Full-timers and so much European experience.

Kosovans given themselves good chance. Surprise for Hibernians Malta to beat Tallinn 2-0?

EDIT: Incidentally I see Gibraltar clubs are playing home ties in Faro, Portugal this season. UEFA stripped Victoria Stadium of certification.

Surprise for Hibernians Malta to beat Tallinn 2-0?

Not really. Bookie I checked with had Infonet at 10/3 last night. I know that for sure as muggins here chanced a tenner bet on them.

Guest DAVIDB69

There is money to be made on a lot of these Euro qualifiers as they seem to be lazily priced up. Might not happen then the trip to Belfast

So far Vikingur of the Faroe Islands and Hibernians of Malta have progressed to the second qualifying round.  Also looks like TNS have a chance to turn it around against Europa of Gibraltar, they lead 2-0 at half time in the second leg and 3-2 on aggregate

A quick eye on some of the scores could see a potential cupset in the making with Macedonian side Vardar leading Malmo with only 15 minutes to go.  Elsewhere Astana have gotten past Latvian side Spartaks Jurmala winning 201 on aggregate

Archived