Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

Haven't read this thread but Modric - will he get the credit he deserves yet? I honestly believe he should be considered a whisker behind the level of Xavi. I don't understand why he's not talked about in that bracket.
Correct. Modric was superb.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No they weren't. I can't ever think of any goalkeeper making two such awful mistakes at anywhere near that level of football. He's arguably had the worst performance of any player in a European final, by far. For a forward to be considered in his bracket he'd need to, at least, miss two tap-ins. 

I'll be honest, if I were a Liverpool player out there, with that level of disappointment, I don't think I'd be able to look Karius in the eye. It would take me the summer to be able to deal with him. 

It’s the equivalent of a Morelos or Iwelumo-esque miss up front, and doing it twice. Salah was faultless until he went off, Mane scored and Firmino was fine.

I'm not fishing. He has literally won it all and been an outstanding performer on the highest stages for many years.

Regardless of him being a bellend, his consistency of performance, level at which he has done it and duration... He is easily up there as one of the best defenders there has ever been.

Don’t doubt his ability. You don’t win everything he has at a club like madrid and with spain without being good. But i have disliked the skullduggery from him over the years. I know it happens all over in football, but for some reason it seems to irritate me more when he does it.

34 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

there's fans on the park they think its all over it is now

Liverpool would have been better off with either of the stewards that nailed that guy than with Karius. 

Ramos, like Ronaldo, absolutely thrives on big games and leaves his best performances for them. 

These 2 have had the cigars out in the CL for as long as I can remember.

No they weren't. I can't ever think of any goalkeeper making two such awful mistakes at anywhere near that level of football. He's arguably had the worst performance of any player in a European final, by far. For a forward to be considered in his bracket he'd need to, at least, miss two tap-ins. 
I'll be honest, if I were a Liverpool player out there, with that level of disappointment, I don't think I'd be able to look Karius in the eye. It would take me the summer to be able to deal with him. 

Of course they were. They scored one. Even without his howlers they wouldn't have been in a winning position. Of course, the goals will have dented the players but they weren't exactly banging on the door before his first mistake.

They should have shown the guy support at the end.

Ramos, like Ronaldo, absolutely thrives on big games and leaves his best performances for them. 

Ronaldo especially over the last few seasons has come up with big goals when it has mattered, not just in the final but in a lot of knockout games for madrid.

This. Pure perpetual loser if you dislike them seeing them succeed in what they are paid to do. Fucking champions.

Just now, buchan30 said:

Ronaldo especially over the last few seasons has come up with big goals when it has mattered, not just in the final but in a lot of knockout games for madrid.

Indeed. When his side need a goal in a huge he steps up time and again. 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's what a centre back is supposed to be; Ramos and Diego Godin have been comfortably the best out and out defenders in the game for years now and they're both cynical c***s for that reason.

Exactly. Every team needs a couple of horrible b*****ds in defensive positions. You need to be both a b*****d and streetwise enough to know when you can get away with it.

I feel sorry for Karius but his two mistakes were the worst clangers I have ever seen. Awful goalkeeping.

What a player Andy Robertson is though. He played very well tonight.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Of course they were. They scored one. Even without his howlers they wouldn't have been in a winning position. Of course, the goals will have dented the players but they weren't exactly banging on the door before his first mistake.

They should have shown the guy support at the end.

If someone fucked up that badly in most workplaces they'd get their jotters. That wasn't just a slip, that was utterly atrocious, twice. Liverpool would probably have lost either way, but the fact remains that there were two goals in the game and he gifted two goals and I'm sure that's what his team-mates are thinking right now.

So, if you are a goal keeper who make two utter howlers in the European Cup final, do you then walk alone?

Aye, given the reaction of his colleagues at the end there’s more than a hint of irony there....

In all seriousness, that's three straight Champions League trophies for Real Madrid, and four in five years. The lack of competition is a concern, and it must now be in danger of being regarded as a diddy tournament.

Just now, DrewDon said:

In all seriousness, that's three straight Champions League trophies for Real Madrid, and four in five years. The lack of competition is a concern, and it must now be in danger of being regarded as a diddy tournament.

Real Madrid need a strong Old Firm IMO

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If someone fucked up that badly in most workplaces they'd get their jotters. That wasn't just a slip, that was utterly atrocious, twice. Liverpool would probably have lost either way, but the fact remains that there were two goals in the game and he gifted two goals and I'm sure that's what his team-mates are thinking right now.

Image result for the rackjust for starters

Not bad for a club that finished third in the Spanish La Liga, some 17 points behind the champions.

Archived