Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how many footballers have a more impressive medal collection than Sergio Ramos? It certainly cant be many. One of the finest centre halfs in the history of the game.

... and a handsome b*****d to go with his wonderful medal collection

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Oh I don’t disagree. This game was indeed glorious. But the guy was genuinely in floods of tears.

Wouldn't go that far. Good memory from his PR lessons. But he'll realise his next job will be in Cyprus. Hard not to feel sorry for the guy.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

You’re fishing but you’re not wrong. Far better than Pique as well. Boy’s a top notch CB.

He's not shagging Shakira though.

You have to feel for Real Madrid still. 

Yes they keep adding to those EC/CL titles, but Rangers are still the most successful club in the world.  Apparently.

You’re fishing but you’re not wrong. Far better than Pique as well. Boy’s a top notch CB.
I'm not fishing. He has literally won it all and been an outstanding performer on the highest stages for many years.

Regardless of him being a bellend, his consistency of performance, level at which he has done it and duration... He is easily up there as one of the best defenders there has ever been.

2 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Granted but he's a horrible cünt.

That's what a centre back is supposed to be; Ramos and Diego Godin have been comfortably the best out and out defenders in the game for years now and they're both cynical c***s for that reason.

Haven't read this thread but Modric - will he get the credit he deserves yet? I honestly believe he should be considered a whisker behind the level of Xavi. I don't understand why he's not talked about in that bracket.

That's what a centre back is supposed to be; Ramos and Diego Godin have been comfortably the best out and out defenders in the game for years now and they're both cynical c***s for that reason.
Can't argue with that.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thought that myself. Poor indeed. It's the nature of the game being a 'keeper unfortunately; you don't get away with making a mistake.

The 'keeper will rightly receive criticism but Liverpool were just as poor at the other end.

No they weren't. I can't ever think of any goalkeeper making two such awful mistakes at anywhere near that level of football. He's arguably had the worst performance of any player in a European final, by far. For a forward to be considered in his bracket he'd need to, at least, miss two tap-ins. 

I'll be honest, if I were a Liverpool player out there, with that level of disappointment, I don't think I'd be able to look Karius in the eye. It would take me the summer to be able to deal with him. 

I'm not fishing. He has literally won it all and been an outstanding performer on the highest stages for many years.

Regardless of him being a bellend, his consistency of performance, level at which he has done it and duration... He is easily up there as one of the best defenders there has ever been.

This

Archived