Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was incredibly disappointing.

For the first 25 minutes or so, Bayern were struggling with breaking Real's high-press, and Real's sole tactic was knock it in behind for Ronaldo. 

After that, both teams struggled with basic passing, as evidenced in the winner. 

Bayern were constantly looking to Thiago or Tolisso to create something from deep (Tolisso did once and Lewandowski fucked it up), but the movement ahead of them was pitiful. The amount of times the ball went out to Ribery only for him to either pass it back to Navas or have absolutely no one in the middle, was ridiculous. 

When I’ve seen Navas in La Liga he’s been really good, few cracking saves in the Derby recently. Real Madrid should try and get De Gea though.

As for Bale, I think he’s better than Vasquez, just don’t rate that guy highly at all. Not seeing it. Although I’ll trust Zidanes judgement.. [emoji6]

8 hours ago, DuklaWandy said:

Surprising to see Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos handing over a rake, rather than the usual pennant, to Bayern tonight in advance of their Champions League game.

IMG_2548.JPG

Wonder if Ally McCoist still has his?

No “wits the goalie dain Tom?” For Bayern’s goal shame on you all.

Ahem
Madrid very lucky to be level, lovely strike from Marcelo to equalise but that Bayern goal...
What was goalkeeper doing, Thomas?

Archived