Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

It's a shame to see Rab crack up like this. He could play folk like a fiddle but his giddiness at Liverpool's good results seem to have tipped him over the edge into some kind of maniacal revenge seeker. In an attempt to to stop the use of Lolverpool and cut out any negativity, no matter how tongue in cheek, Rab has become Trollverpool , Yes, I can see that tactic working perfectly on P&B...
His superfan schtick is fucking tedious tbh and his bizzarre assertion that you cant criticise EPL/UCL football because you pay for Sky/BT Sport is pretty cringy too.

I do recall when I first posted on the EPL thread that he was just one of the folk on there who talked about football normally with a Liverpool slant. No more though, now what he really needs is to go and find the Liverpool equivalent of Rangers Media where he can go and foam at the mouth with similar levels of puddle drinker.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Just put him on ignore. I did it weeks ago and it’s improved the reading of this part of the forum immeasurably. He’s not a good troll, just incredibly boring.

Starve him of the attention and like a child, he’ll stop. Easy.

That'd be lovely if no one else ever quote him, or the mobile app wasn't pish.

41 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

Aye I didn’t mind him so much but now it’s just the same patter over and over again.

‘Lolverpool :lol:
‘The Ev :lol:

And posting a screenshot of who’s been dotted is definitely the hallmark of someone who isn’t bothered.

Grimbo did that frequently :lol:

Tough times but Roma could be the ones to stop Liverpool. 

They will hope to take a lead to Rome but the Italians certainly won’t be fazed after their comeback against Barca. 

FFS Rab give it a rest. I enjoy reading what you've got to say when you post about the game, but you f**k up so many threads with your pish banter. You've just watched your team beat Man City in both legs to get to the semi final, just fucking enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, s_dog said:

FFS Rab give it a rest. I enjoy reading what you've got to say when you post about the game, but you f**k up so many threads with your pish banter. You've just watched your team beat Man City in both legs to get to the semi final, just fucking enjoy it.

Cheers sdog I’ll try my best. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Is it not Tuesday yet ... :) 

24FB0E96-DD49-43D7-873B-D4B2EECE7A5F.jpeg

starting to get a bit nervous for this game now!

i think it'll be a tougher tie than city but no reason why we can't put in the same type of performances.

34 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Happy to be proven wrong but can't see past Liverpool here. I think it'll be pretty straightforward over the two legs

i hope you are right , in the worst case scenario that roma go through i'd like them to go on and win it .

3 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Happy to be proven wrong but can't see past Liverpool here. I think it'll be pretty straightforward over the two legs

Fingers crossed Paul but I’ve got a feeling Liverpool won’t get it all their own way tomorrow night. They’ll look to keep it tight and they’ve got the big threat up front themselves. Nervous already :) 

I got offered a ticket the other day as a birthday present. It was going to cost £500. Needless to say, I said not to bother. You couldn't justify spending that on a football match, no matter what game it was. Throw in travel and hotel, it's not worth it.

I do know what to get away with with my birthday does come around now though.

I've got to admit I'm excited about tomorrow, more than I have been for a Champions League game for quite some time. I generally speaking don't particularly like Liverpool but I've really enjoyed watching them this season. Mo Salah is just a joy to watch, loved watching him play for Roma play last season and he's kicked on to be even better for Liverpool. I've always liked Roma and whilst I would never say I support them I like to see them do well and are my main interest in Italian football. To see them get this far in the Champions league is great particularly considering the position they found themselves in after the first leg against Barcelona. I think that game is the most excited I've been watching a game that didn't involve Aberdeen or Scotland. Whoever wins I hope goes on to win the whole thing, but I hope it's Roma.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I got offered a ticket the other day as a birthday present. It was going to cost £500. Needless to say, I said not to bother. You couldn't justify spending that on a football match, no matter what game it was. Throw in travel and hotel, it's not worth it.

I do know what to get away with with my birthday does come around now though.

Aye stuff that !!! It never ceases to amaze me how much some will pay for a one off big game when they normally say they can’t afford to go. When we went to Basle for the final a lad I know paid £400 for a ticket out there. Mine cost £29 plum seat behind the goal :lol: 

Roma just put out a very good Barca side when they looked to be heading out. So saying "can't see past Liverpool" is a bit daft. They're not playing diddies here. They've struggled against worse sides.

I just can't help thinking of some of the shite domestic performances I've seen from Roma this season! Just keep thinking this uncharacteristically incredibile champions league run has to end...

Very much hope I'm wrong though

56 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I just can't help thinking of some of the shite domestic performances I've seen from Roma this season! Just keep thinking this uncharacteristically incredibile champions league run has to end...

Very much hope I'm wrong though

It's a strange one, Roma have been superb in the league in previous years and bombed it in Europe. This season they've been pretty ordinary to watch domestically but done the business against Barca and Chelsea. I'd be wary of saying they're a good team but maybe their gameplan suits Europe a bit better.

It's a strange one, Roma have been superb in the league in previous years and bombed it in Europe. This season they've been pretty ordinary to watch domestically but done the business against Barca and Chelsea. I'd be wary of saying they're a good team but maybe their gameplan suits Europe a bit better.

Think that's the best way to put it. The way EDF plays has perfectly suited the teams Roma have come up against this year in Europe. This is why I'm wary of Liverpool. They play very differently to Chelsea, Atletico and Barcelona in a way that may not suit this style quite so well.

Annoying that there is still so much to be done to secure CL football for next year. Next two games are Chievo and Cagliari so on paper at least, it's two relatively straightforward games allowing the focus to be on Liverpool

Although Roma don't tend to do straightforward.....

8 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Think that's the best way to put it. The way EDF plays has perfectly suited the teams Roma have come up against this year in Europe. This is why I'm wary of Liverpool. They play very differently to Chelsea, Atletico and Barcelona in a way that may not suit this style quite so well.

Annoying that there is still so much to be done to secure CL football for next year. Next two games are Chievo and Cagliari so on paper at least, it's two relatively straightforward games allowing the focus to be on Liverpool

Although Roma don't tend to do straightforward.....

Neither do liverpool usually but it's been pretty straight forward this year for us mostly. be interesting .

Archived