Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

I'm on holidays so not watching much football but a) what a result for Roma, one of the best comebacks I can remember, especially given that the financial odds.were already stacked against them going into this tie. Edin Dzeko is a fantastic player, s

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on holidays so not watching much football but a) what a result for Roma, one of the best comebacks I can remember, especially given that the financial odds.were already stacked against them going into this tie. Edin Dzeko is a fantastic player,

Man city should never have gotten rid of Dzeko who is a big game player.

Liverpool got the result they needed, Firmino is an underrated player while Salah is simply off the charts good. Also for the Scottish fans it is great to see Andy Robertson doing so well

Apologies for quoting myself, internet is not amazing here in Dominican Republic so it.keeps dying on me

What a night :) 

The first half was absolute torture. Man City battered Liverpool in the first half and I don’t think anyone of us in the away end could believe our luck that it was only 1-0 at half time. 

2nd half right from the off Liverpool finally got a foothold in the game and when Salah scored talk about scenes :lol: 

From there on in it was just a party and what a finish from Firmino to win it. It was great at the end when all the players and Klopp came over. 

Liverpool are into the last 4 and roll on the draw :) 

E73817EC-B42C-4B8C-8231-49967BEFACA2.jpeg

I'm on holidays so not watching much football but a) what a result for Roma, one of the best comebacks I can remember, especially given that the financial odds.were already stacked against them going into this tie. Edin Dzeko is a fantastic player, s

Liverpool coming from 3-0 down in the final in Istanbul to win the Champions League is the only better comeback that immediately comes to mind. There’s possibily others, but can’t be that many.

35 minutes ago, nsr said:

I'm far too lazy to look it up - does anyone know the last time the 4 teams in the CL semis were from 4 different countries?

2009/10 

Bayern Munich v Lyon

Inter Milan v Barcelona

Before that it was 2003/04

Monaco v Chelsea

Porto v Deportivo

19 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

2009/10 

Bayern Munich v Lyon

Inter Milan v Barcelona

Before that it was 2003/04

Monaco v Chelsea

Porto v Deportivo

i remember watching that porto depor two legs , absolutely terrible games

35 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
7 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
447FF525-B036-4F06-885A-AB10A9C056A4.thumb.jpeg.97cb9135a5cfac32106016a878862dec.jpeg

Is that the very top tier Rab? It looks scary steep.

Yes it is Jimmy that’s the very back row as well. Have to say it was great view although did end up further down with others for the last 20 as didn’t fancy the wait to get out after. 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

The Empty-had?

Oh it emptied alright ... :D 

1 hour ago, nsr said:

I'm far too lazy to look it up - does anyone know the last time the 4 teams in the CL semis were from 4 different countries?

On 14/03/2018 at 08:09, nsr said:

I hope LOLVERPOOL get utterly humiliated in the next round.

Hi Rab.

On 15/03/2018 at 08:35, nsr said:

So the quarter finals will feature the usual nonsense plus a couple of wild cards in Sevilla and Roma. And also Lolverpool, who really have no business being there.

On 05/04/2018 at 15:10, nsr said:

UEFA planning to open disciplinary procedures against Lolverpool, apparently. It would be pants-jizzingly hilarious if they got that 3-0 victory taken off them.

How’s things ? ... :lol: 

Fair fucks to Roma. Even if they aren't exactly minnows, it did restore a little faith that the Champions League isn't just a Real / Barca / PSG / Bayern / Man U / City snorefest.

I'm also fully on board with their madcap tactics after they scored the third goal.

Absolutely incredible scenes in Rome. That has to be up there with the greatest Champions League nights of all time tbh. 

Noise very rarely translates on the tv, but that sounding fucking deafening when I switched it on. Easily eclipsing anything I have seen in the CL before.

Archived