Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That offside call happened at the weekend with ayr.

Supposedly (and Chris foy backs this up) the player is still offside if it comes off a defender 'accidently' - rather than being a ball that is clearly 'played'.

So if the ref thinks the ball canons off milner then it still counts as offside.

I think.

Foy ..........“the goal stood have should”, and then corrected himself and said “the goal stood have should I should say”. Quality.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

That offside call happened at the weekend with ayr.

Supposedly (and Chris foy backs this up) the player is still offside if it comes off a defender 'accidently' - rather than being a ball that is clearly 'played'.

So if the ref thinks the ball canons off milner then it still counts as offside.

I think.

If that’s what Foy said, then he is talking bollox. That would only apply if the ball had already been played in a forward direction by an attacking player. 

I take Guardiola wasn’t that upset when the ref failed to book Sterling for either of two dives in the first half, probably should have been a goal but equally they could have been down to 10 men before that

20 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

lolz. 

They've scored 2 perfectly good goals, hit the post and have given Liverpool the runaround.    They're doing just fine without that hopeless clogger.   

Scored and won a penalty against Barca so far tonight! 

If that’s what Foy said, then he is talking bollox. That would only apply if the ball had already been played in a forward direction by an attacking player. 
Really?

Foy emphasised the term 'intentionally played the ball'.

So if a keeper punches it off a defender that would not be offside? (That's exactly what happened to ayr at the weekend and the ref told our gaffer that it was correctly offside due to that rule).

I actually think milner did play the ball (rather than it being accidental) so it doesn't matter anyway. But I think the ref here might argue that's why they disallowed it.

Archived