Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

juve lacked the legs last night to keep going, matiudi would have helped massively,  couldn't listen to the wankfest aftwerward for spurs

I had to mute the commentary. They were giving it big licks about how Spurs were dominating the match throughout. Yes, they had the lion's share of possession, but they were behind for an hour against a team who are quite happy to sit deep and counter. On the balance of chances, Juve should have have that won and I'd put this in the same category as their trip to Madrid in the group stage. Really good result (especially considering how poor they are away to the top 6 in England), but clearly rode their luck to get it.

Quite obvious why the media love Tottenham though. Core of English players who have clearly improved under a likeable manager.

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

I had to mute the commentary. They were giving it big licks about how Spurs were dominating the match throughout. Yes, they had the lion's share of possession, but they were behind for an hour against a team who are quite happy to sit deep and counter. On the balance of chances, Juve should have have that won and I'd put this in the same category as their trip to Madrid in the group stage. Really good result (especially considering how poor they are away to the top 6 in England), but clearly rode their luck to get it.

Quite obvious why the media love Tottenham though. Core of English players who have clearly improved under a likeable manager.

dybala and matiudi being out led to juve probably sitting so deep. hopefully juve turn up for second leg. is dybala due back?

11 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Really enjoyed Juve v Spurs.  Can`t recall the last time I enjoyed a Champions League game as much.

There's been some crackers in recent seasons. People complain about the same teams playing all the time but when it's the best players and coaches up against each other, I can't understand the gripes. 

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

In fairness, I thought the commentary for once was pretty good. Fletcher is a bit of a twat but wasn't too bad.  I actually thought Jenas was really good and was impressed that he called out Kane's dive and didn't try to defend Spurs for either penalty (which they often do even when its the most obvious of stonewall pens you can get). They didn't go mental on stats and just did straightforward "who was passing to who" style commentary which was fine.

I think it was the only match ever where I have watched an English team play and not wanted to throw stuff at the TV. I didn't watch the stuff afterwards so its quite possible it went downhill after that!

Archived