Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69

Three out of five should get through, don't think Chelsea and Spurs will. English sides have a poor record in knock out ties in recent years. Every English side has lost in basle in recent years as well.

Would not be amazed if Man U went out either.

Still think one of the traditional three will win, although 20/1 juventus isn't a bad bet.

7 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Three out of five should get through, don't think Chelsea and Spurs will. English sides have a poor record in knock out ties in recent years. Every English side has lost in basle in recent years as well.

Would not be amazed if Man U went out either.

Still think one of the traditional three will win, although 20/1 juventus isn't a bad bet.

True Dave. After recent years the English sides have got it all to prove. Will be taking nothing for granted with Porto ... Benfica in 2005/06 comes to mind. 

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

will take in juve spurs and hopefully juve destroy them

absolutely - rarely get to watch a Juve game that I want them to win, but this is an  exception - a three or four goal Dybala/Higuain rampage to render the return leg little more than a formality would be just perfect...

3 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

absolutely - rarely get to watch a Juve game that I want them to win, but this is an  exception - a three or four goal Dybala/Higuain rampage to render the return leg little more than a formality would be just perfect...

That would be great, but Dybala, Cuadrado, Barzagli, Costa were all injured when I was at the Juventus game last Sunday and Matuidi came off with an injury. Hope Juve score a couple without conceding, should be enough to take to Wembley.

Archived